+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Invest in OL to ensure Eli has a 20 yr career?

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Eli doesn't take a lot of big hits. . He's not a guy who stands tall in the pocket. I just see a different player than you do.
    Kids got many fine qualities but that's just not one of them. There is a little chuck and duck in both Mannings. I'm sure it contributes to their longevity which is fine with me. Maybe in the end it helps the team.
    I'm not saying that he never waits for a guy to get open amid a pass rush, but I am saying its not his tendency.
    Given our mediocre O line, Eli would have taken a lot more sacks if he does what you describe.
    I see the chuck and duck too, but I don't see "chuck and duck" as being mutually exclusive with "waiting for the last second". Eli can and will throw it in obviously bad situations (much to our frustration), but he's still waiting until the end to actually do it. He just knows how to deal with a rusher about to hit him in such a way that he can take the hit with the least amount of physical punishment possible, which is good for his longevity...

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    w/o is a standard abbreviation for without. Granted, it's not used is scholarly works, but it isn't considered text-speak by any stretch of the imagination. Just be glad I'm not proficient in 1337 anymore, lol. That would be sure to blow your gasket, lol.
    w/o probably wasn't the best example. But you get my point I'm sure.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Eli doesn't take a lot of big hits. . He's not a guy who stands tall in the pocket. I just see a different player than you do.
    Kids got many fine qualities but that's just not one of them. There is a little chuck and duck in both Mannings. I'm sure it contributes to their longevity which is fine with me. Maybe in the end it helps the team.
    I'm not saying that he never waits for a guy to get open amid a pass rush, but I am saying its not his tendency.
    Given our mediocre O line, Eli would have taken a lot more sacks if he does what you describe.
    No offence but you probably only see what you want to see... 2nd Super Bowl run Eli wasn't sacked a lot ..... But was hit a while bunch.... Eli takes the hits bro.... It's FACT.... Just accept it

Banned
    Just because he doesn't step up into a hit doesn't mean he doesn't wait until the last second to make a play. Eli will throw off his back foot to lessen the impact of a hit (among other things), but that still doesn't mean that he isn't taking hits or not waiting to get rid of the ball. Discretion is the better part of valor.

Does he sometimes get rid of the ball a little earlier than he should? Absolutely. However, it isn't this pathological trait of Eli's that you make it seem.

Banned
    w/o probably wasn't the best example. But you get my point I'm sure.
    While I do find it annoying, I think your main point was more to make a dig at the way 420 posts than any ideological opposition to text speak (I do believe that it really does irk you). I'm not trying to be judgmental in saying that; that's the way it played on this side of the computer screen, at least. Like I said, I'm not trying to make a personal attack, it just came off as being more a dig against 420 than text-speak.

Believe me, I have a background in education. I know how irritating it can be, especially when that lingo seeps its way into academic work.

Just because he doesn't step up into a hit doesn't mean he doesn't wait until the last second to make a play. Eli will throw off his back foot to lessen the impact of a hit (among other things), but that still doesn't mean that he isn't taking hits or not waiting to get rid of the ball. Discretion is the better part of valor.

Does he sometimes get rid of the ball a little earlier than he should? Absolutely. However, it isn't this pathological trait of Eli's that you make it seem.
    "pathological trait"? ..........Come on!

This is where I get off this debate. If you want to deal with the football aspects that's fine. But to suggest that I am saying this is a pathological trait of Eli's is jumping the shark.

While I do find it annoying, I think your main point was more to make a dig at the way 420 posts than any ideological opposition to text speak (I do believe that it really does irk you). I'm not trying to be judgmental in saying that; that's the way it played on this side of the computer screen, at least. Like I said, I'm not trying to make a personal attack, it just came off as being more a dig against 420 than text-speak.

Believe me, I have a background in education. I know how irritating it can be, especially when that lingo seeps its way into academic work.
    It just a pet peeve of mine. You may have noticed that I have a few of those.

Banned
    "pathological trait"? ..........Come on!

This is where I get off this debate. If you want to deal with the football aspects that's fine. But to suggest that I am saying this is a pathological trait of Eli's is jumping the shark.
    You denying it is where it jumps the shark, MS.

Bench Player
    Eli has a quick release and does a good job of getting his body in a good position as not to take the full force of hits. (unless he take a "bleeder" to the face like in preseason) There have been times when he takes a beating but he only does that when he is throwing the ball deep and it usually ends up in a big play. It's funny for a guy who takes criticism for not being "athletic" he sure plays a lot more snaps than those "athletic" guys. /knock wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    He's seemingly neglected the line the entire time he's been in charge. Not sure why.
    I also find it annoying but it is what it is.
    Dream Draft v1
    (Trade 12th overall pick for 20th and 52th overall picks)
    1. Cyrus Kouandjio, OT
    2. Kelvin Benjamin, WR
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE
    3. Josh Mauro, DE
    4. Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB
    5. Christian Kirksey, OLB
    6. Storm Johnson, RB

+ Reply to Thread