+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I never said that he had. However, he does cover up a lot of the deficiencies of our OL by unloading the ball quickly and adjusting protections (including making sure the backs and TEs stay in to block).
    And then of course you can say others cover for him as well. It's a team effort.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    And then of course you can say others cover for him as well. It's a team effort.
    Eli covers for the deficiencies of the OL and often makes the OL look better than they are, particularly when it comes to the number of sacks he takes. That is a cold, hard fact.

I never said that he had. However, he does cover up a lot of the deficiencies of our OL by unloading the ball quickly and adjusting protections (including making sure the backs and TEs stay in to block).
    yeah, you def have a point but i also agree with rosie that eli should be able to handle the pressure. he handled it, but i wish he had done so better. think he has a great yr next season...

and fbomb/rudy-lol. i know its a stupid post, so what. we got time...i think he could physically play 20 yrs or near. he's been in the league going on 10 yrs now, u dont think he could have another 10 like the first 10?

even if he doesnt make "20" which was just a random # i thought would make my point (and get a chuckle out of some of our posters here), and he plays 5 or 6 more years, we should give him an OL that is highly invested in imho...

how many yrs do u think eli could physically play from here on out, both at a high level and just overall

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    how many yrs do u think eli could physically play from here on out, both at a high level and just overall
    i think he could get to atleast 40 years old or close to it. those southern quarterbacks are very durable for some reason. and they can still play at a high level even when there around that age. just look at peyton last year or favre when he was with the vikings.

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.56 View Post
    i think he could get to atleast 40 years old or close to it. those southern quarterbacks are very durable for some reason. and they can still play at a high level even when there around that age. just look at peyton last year or favre when he was with the vikings.
    this describes my opinion perfectly thank u.

yeah, you def have a point but i also agree with rosie that eli should be able to handle the pressure. he handled it, but i wish he had done so better. think he has a great yr next season...

I never said he played particularly well under pressure this year. The only thing I said was in reference to the poster (StarhanSoup92, I think), saying that the OL played well based on the fact that we only gave up 20 sacks. Sacks given up gives a very incomplete picture of OL play. The fact is, we didn't give up only 20 sacks because the OL was giving Eli a ton of time. We only gave up 20 sacks because Eli gets rid of the ball quickly and often makes sure that the backs and TEs don't release into routes.

Eli covers for the deficiencies of the OL and often makes the OL look better than they are, particularly when it comes to the number of sacks he takes. That is a cold, hard fact.
    I'm not suggesting otherwise. But let's not forget the OL cannot help him pass the ball better when they give him time to throw.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

5 to 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I'm not suggesting otherwise. But let's not forget the OL cannot help him pass the ball better when they give him time to throw.
    And what does that have to do with anything I said?