+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 171

Thread: Invest in OL to ensure Eli has a 20 yr career?

  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    Im sorry but I disagree with you, his pocket presence and ability to get the ball out may save a few sacks, but if the Oline isnt doing there job, he would have been sacked a lot more, and that is a fact.

    I still think this is a top ten Oline, no doubt, at least for one more year.
    I don't know what OL you were watching last year, but the NYG OL last year was mediocre at best. If they can improve it, and Nicks can stay healthy, look for a big improvement in points scored this year. RT is the main issue right now.

    As others have said, sacks allowed only tell part of the story. Total pressure allowed is a better measurement. NYG OL total pressure allowed courtesy PFF:

    2008: 114 (6th)
    2009: 144 (17th)
    2010: 145 (8th)
    2011: 221 (32nd...last)
    2012: 167 (18th)

  2. #72
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,751
    ELIIIIIIIIII!!!! is already one of the greatest giants of all time... I'd love to see him stick around for a bunch of more years

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    I don't know what OL you were watching last year, but the NYG OL last year was mediocre at best. If they can improve it, and Nicks can stay healthy, look for a big improvement in points scored this year. RT is the main issue right now.

    As others have said, sacks allowed only tell part of the story. Total pressure allowed is a better measurement. NYG OL total pressure allowed courtesy PFF:

    2008: 114 (6th)
    2009: 144 (17th)
    2010: 145 (8th)
    2011: 221 (32nd...last)
    2012: 167 (18th)
    So not bad? Our defense is ranked 31st, that take priority.

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    Still dont understand what OLine all these posters saw last year, but the pass protection was not the problem at all. This line isnt even close to as bad as posters here seem to think. Ill take 20 sacks every year, and Im sure Eli would agree.
    Look at how he got D-E-S-T-R-O-Y-E-D by San Fran in the 2011 Championship Game. It's all on Eli that we stayed in that game. Our line was way outclassed by them.

  5. #75
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,904
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I saw an offensive line that didn't give their QB enough time. He was forced to throw on short time that limited his options. I also saw an OL that couldn't move a DL in short yardage situations if their lives depended on it. We don't have a single player there who I believe can be a fixture for the next 5 years.
    Beatty for sure and Snee has been solid his whole career. He's older now, so he probably won't last 5 more years. We don't know how Brewer or Mosely will work out. Our line is not great but we have a couple of players to work with.

  6. #76
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,904
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    I don't know what OL you were watching last year, but the NYG OL last year was mediocre at best. If they can improve it, and Nicks can stay healthy, look for a big improvement in points scored this year. RT is the main issue right now.

    As others have said, sacks allowed only tell part of the story. Total pressure allowed is a better measurement. NYG OL total pressure allowed courtesy PFF:

    2008: 114 (6th)
    2009: 144 (17th)
    2010: 145 (8th)
    2011: 221 (32nd...last)
    2012: 167 (18th)
    The fact that we had the most success in the year our line performed the worst says to me that a "GREAT" line is not needed to win.

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    The fact that we had the most success in the year our line performed the worst says to me that a "GREAT" line is not needed to win.
    It isn't. You don't need a top defense, either. Still, it probably isn't a good thing when your most important player is hitting the turf every other play.

  8. #78
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    It isn't. You don't need a top defense, either. Still, it probably isn't a good thing when your most important player is hitting the turf every other play.
    LOL no that can't be a good thing.

  9. #79
    OL is the "Barley of Brew". Without good barley (2 row preferred), the brew is weak! The skill positions are the "Hops" of a good brew. Of course you must ALWAYS invest in the OL. I have said before, if I were making the decisions, I would have a rule that 1 of top 3 picks each year would go to BPA of OL on the board every year.

  10. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I never said he played particularly well under pressure this year. The only thing I said was in reference to the poster (StarhanSoup92, I think), saying that the OL played well based on the fact that we only gave up 20 sacks. Sacks given up gives a very incomplete picture of OL play. The fact is, we didn't give up only 20 sacks because the OL was giving Eli a ton of time. We only gave up 20 sacks because Eli gets rid of the ball quickly and often makes sure that the backs and TEs don't release into routes.
    The reason there is only 20 sacks is because eli was chuck and duck all year. That is the only pass play you can run withDD in.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts