+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Giant Mistakes!

Giant Mistakes!

Die Hard Giant Fan - Die Hard Rant!

I want to preface this rant with my Eli Manning support since day 1!!! Also I put out my full admission of riding the Coughlin roller coater but fully respected him after Strahons comments breakdown and especially his NFL special which put him on the highest of pedestals - yes a die hard gMan fan (who in a brutal market) needed his personal story shared on the nefl network to seal the coffin for me. While I wish he he would have retired this past year and allow the giants to hire a new coach i accept and embrace him as our starting coach 2013 season, especially since in my opinion last year giants could have made it to the superbowl and won but the only explanation in my opinion is getting lazy. A recent 2 time wining team is filled with UN-hungry team mates (on 1 and two wins) slacking off. Im hoping, since my long term giant experience was a roller coaster of playoffs and season upsets i welcome the recent success.

My main RANT... while i dont fault cruz for trying to get paid - I think he is gambling big time. Burress was removed form us after a humen error and hoped to return with major success. Had he returned to Eli he would have seen the promis land. He didn't.... Steve Smith wanted to get paid - no hard feelings - Eagles paid and the contract soared like an eagle. After his injury we wont see (which we did whitness for a period) his post Eli potential which was non existant with the great reborn VIck...... Im upset the Giants didnt hold Ballard and hope beckum will return. The Giants receiving core will be the best worst core in the league as will the running back setup...... It can go either way. Im frustrated Hixon may leave and while im confident cruz is a play on more funds which is respected receivers (which eli respecnts and understnads for great catch/throw stories to continue he needs to throw an aggressive ball into agressive coverage to a top level corner - long story short - all GIANTS top catches - past five years - while many will kick eli when down - whose stats are better? Which receivers fell off post eli pay day? I agree eli needs receivers but question the understanding of how receivers need to utilize eli! Shockey sucked post giants whining.... Steve smith sucked post giants whinning...... Cruz.....?

Quote Originally Posted by nyGiants547 View Post

I want to preface this rant with my Eli Manning support since day 1!!! Also I put out my full admission of riding the Coughlin roller coater but fully respected him after Strahons comments breakdown and especially his NFL special which put him on the highest of pedestals - yes a die hard gMan fan (who in a brutal market) needed his personal story shared on the nefl network to seal the coffin for me. While I wish he he would have retired this past year and allow the giants to hire a new coach i accept and embrace him as our starting coach 2013 season, especially since in my opinion last year giants could have made it to the superbowl and won but the only explanation in my opinion is getting lazy. A recent 2 time wining team is filled with UN-hungry team mates (on 1 and two wins) slacking off. Im hoping, since my long term giant experience was a roller coaster of playoffs and season upsets i welcome the recent success.

My main RANT... while i dont fault cruz for trying to get paid - I think he is gambling big time. Burress was removed form us after a humen error and hoped to return with major success. Had he returned to Eli he would have seen the promis land. He didn't.... Steve Smith wanted to get paid - no hard feelings - Eagles paid and the contract soared like an eagle. After his injury we wont see (which we did whitness for a period) his post Eli potential which was non existant with the great reborn VIck...... Im upset the Giants didnt hold Ballard and hope beckum will return. The Giants receiving core will be the best worst core in the league as will the running back setup...... It can go either way. Im frustrated Hixon may leave and while im confident cruz is a play on more funds which is respected receivers (which eli respecnts and understnads for great catch/throw stories to continue he needs to throw an aggressive ball into agressive coverage to a top level corner - long story short - all GIANTS top catches - past five years - while many will kick eli when down - whose stats are better? Which receivers fell off post eli pay day? I agree eli needs receivers but question the understanding of how receivers need to utilize eli! Shockey sucked post giants whining.... Steve smith sucked post giants whinning...... Cruz.....?
    What??? Would you please proof this stuff before you post it... Kind of hard to follow...

I know rants are usually chained together incoherent thoughts, but I have no idea where this is going.

Shockey is gone and has been gone for quite some time. He is not relevant to anything at this point and even when he left the Giants because we found roleplayers at Tight End who fit in better.

Cruz will be a Giant this year because no one will put forth what the asking price is...money plus a first round pick.

Eli makes the receivers, but also cannot do anything without receivers. It is a two way street.

Steve Smith is also irrelevant as Reese has proven to be correct in his assessment.

The team was in a malaise last year and hopefully be rejuvenated after some new blood has been added and after seeing some veterans moving on elsewhere.

I think those were some of the points in your post....but not sure.

The Giants receiving core will be the best worst core in the league.....

This is the best worst post of the year.

Veteran
    Someone has been drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    This is the best worst post of the year.
    I think he was cheating by trying to cover both bases. Where he missed out though he should've said....The Giants receiving corps will be the best worst or anything in between corps in the league....

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I think he was cheating by trying to cover both bases. Where he missed out though he should've said....The Giants receiving corps will be the best worst or anything in between corps in the league....
    You are prolly right, but incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    You are prolly right, but incorrect
    I was trying to make a point without making a point which is the point.

First of all welcome to the board, second understand your frustration; deal with it you're a Giants fan....

You do realize Cruz and the Giants are negotiating right? You should also realize it's everyone's right to seek the best deal they can get from their employer in sports and everywhere else. If you are suggesting Cruz has been whining can you offer some proof of that? Life is a gamble, but most of the information we have available to us would indicate Cruz wants to be here long term and changed agents to make that happen.

Nothing is ever guaranteed, but why don't we just wait to see what actually happens.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

+ Reply to Thread