+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Giant Mistakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    Ok, hard to argue with that thought process. Thanks!
    np
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    what the hell is a high beta guy.....almost alpha? I'm not sure what the hell you mean by that statement...Eli has many traits of the beta male and many of the alpha distinction "most of the good one's by what little I can gather"...I'll take him over any true alpha male .....just saying... don't understand the need to stereotype here .....Eli is who he is we all know that, and he does a pretty good job of being his own man....anyhow Eli will go down as the greatest Giant QB ever before it all ove...book it MH ......
    Hi Beta means that he has many peaks and valleys in his play. "High Beta" guys have very high peaks and very low valleys.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    Cruz and the Giants are negotiating? What did I miss? That got by me. I was under the impression the Giants have made there best offer and Cruz did not sign it. An offer to make him a "very rich young man". Are you implying since Condon is on board that the Giants best offer is gonna increase just because Condon's the agent? Or is Cruz now going to accept the offer because he has a new agent? The general consensus is the Giants are not going to overpay Cruz and there best offer is already on the table. Clue me in, I'm confused?
    The Giants made their initial offer. Cruz fired his agent for some unknown reason after he learned the details of the offer. Cruz then hired a new agent, Tom Condon, who works well with Jerry Reese as he also represents Eli and Kiwanuka. It has been reported through several sources that Cruz wanted an agent who would work better with the Giants. He has that in Tom Condon.

I am implying there is a contract negotiation underway and it can be expected that the Giants' original offer will look different when they come to final agreement. I don't know how different or in what manner it will be different, but it will be different.

No employer's initial contract offer is "the best offer" they can make. If they said it was, no one would believe it.

The Giants won't overpay for Cruz but, thanks to Steve Tisch, we have a fairly good idea the offer is in the $7M range. John Mara has said they have the "wherewithal to match almost any offer" should Cruz get one (which I doubt is going to happen) and I take that to mean they'll go to $8M +/-.

Every player is entitled to negotiate his contract to get the best deal he can. THAT is what's going on.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Hi Beta means that he has many peaks and valleys in his play. "High Beta" guys have very high peaks and very low valleys.
    You made comparisons to brain waves? Man, I salute the f out of you.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    what software program produces that graft ? good one man

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    ALL games are "team wins" ot "team losses". You can't pick and choose which games are "team wins" and which ones are not. That is a specious argument, usually used specifically when applying the term to games involving Eli Manning, for some reason.

Nonetheless, the MVP vote has been cast a minute after each of the 47 SBs to date. There was nothing unique about the vote for Eli each time that was different from all other QBs elected SB MVP.

The only QBs, aside from Eli, to have been voted SB MVP more than once (actually twice for each of them except Montana, who was voted three times) have been Starr, Bradshaw, Montana, Brady. Period.

Staubach (winner of 2 SBs), Aikman (winner of 3 SBs), Roethlisburger (winner of 2 SBs) don't have 2 SB MVP awards. Certainly Plunkett (winner of 2 SBs) doesn't.

For you to attempt to dismiss the significance for Eli to have been placed in that rare company--as you do by pointing out the MVP is "a vote cast in a minute after the game and usually goes to the QB" is absurd. And it doesn't serve you well.

No, I won't "stop with the SB MVP stuff". It's pertinent to the discussion, whether you personally like it or not.
    I agree with this but I still can't help thinking that this would have been a playoff season if tynes kicks that ball six inches further on that last attempt in the philly game

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    ALL games are "team wins" ot "team losses". You can't pick and choose which games are "team wins" and which ones are not. That is a specious argument, usually used specifically when applying the term to games involving Eli Manning, for some reason.

Nonetheless, the MVP vote has been cast a minute after each of the 47 SBs to date. There was nothing unique about the vote for Eli each time that was different from all other QBs elected SB MVP.

The only QBs, aside from Eli, to have been voted SB MVP more than once (actually twice for each of them except Montana, who was voted three times) have been Starr, Bradshaw, Montana, Brady. Period.

Staubach (winner of 2 SBs), Aikman (winner of 3 SBs), Roethlisburger (winner of 2 SBs) don't have 2 SB MVP awards. Certainly Plunkett (winner of 2 SBs) doesn't.

For you to attempt to dismiss the significance for Eli to have been placed in that rare company--as you do by pointing out the MVP is "a vote cast in a minute after the game and usually goes to the QB" is absurd. And it doesn't serve you well.

No, I won't "stop with the SB MVP stuff". It's pertinent to the discussion, whether you personally like it or not.
    absolutely awesome post. joy to read.

Quote Originally Posted by RichGiants81 View Post
    I agree with this but I still can't help thinking that this would have been a playoff season if tynes kicks that ball six inches further on that last attempt in the philly game
    or if the situation was managed better ie a run play to setup the attempt instead of passing whcih led to the PI which led to tynes missing by a foot

Quote Originally Posted by nyGiants547 View Post
    Die Hard Giant Fan - Die Hard Rant!

I want to preface this rant with my Eli Manning support since day 1!!! Also I put out my full admission of riding the Coughlin roller coater but fully respected him after Strahons comments breakdown and especially his NFL special which put him on the highest of pedestals - yes a die hard gMan fan (who in a brutal market) needed his personal story shared on the nefl network to seal the coffin for me. While I wish he he would have retired this past year and allow the giants to hire a new coach i accept and embrace him as our starting coach 2013 season, especially since in my opinion last year giants could have made it to the superbowl and won but the only explanation in my opinion is getting lazy. A recent 2 time wining team is filled with UN-hungry team mates (on 1 and two wins) slacking off. Im hoping, since my long term giant experience was a roller coaster of playoffs and season upsets i welcome the recent success.

My main RANT... while i dont fault cruz for trying to get paid - I think he is gambling big time. Burress was removed form us after a humen error and hoped to return with major success. Had he returned to Eli he would have seen the promis land. He didn't.... Steve Smith wanted to get paid - no hard feelings - Eagles paid and the contract soared like an eagle. After his injury we wont see (which we did whitness for a period) his post Eli potential which was non existant with the great reborn VIck...... Im upset the Giants didnt hold Ballard and hope beckum will return. The Giants receiving core will be the best worst core in the league as will the running back setup...... It can go either way. Im frustrated Hixon may leave and while im confident cruz is a play on more funds which is respected receivers (which eli respecnts and understnads for great catch/throw stories to continue he needs to throw an aggressive ball into agressive coverage to a top level corner - long story short - all GIANTS top catches - past five years - while many will kick eli when down - whose stats are better? Which receivers fell off post eli pay day? I agree eli needs receivers but question the understanding of how receivers need to utilize eli! Shockey sucked post giants whining.... Steve smith sucked post giants whinning...... Cruz.....?
    I wholeheartedly agree. Great post!

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree. Great post!
    You hope Beckum returns?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

+ Reply to Thread