+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Giant Mistakes!

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    So, you see, the puppy was like industry. In that, they were both lost in the woods. And nobody, especially the little boy - "society" - knew where to find 'em. Except that the puppy was a dog. But the industry, my friends, that was a revolution.
    looks like billy and his girlfriend are playing water polo or something....

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    So, you see, the puppy was like industry. In that, they were both lost in the woods. And nobody, especially the little boy - "society" - knew where to find 'em. Except that the puppy was a dog. But the industry, my friends, that was a revolution.
    Clorophyll, more like BORE-a-phyll...........right?
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I don't think he's"just a decent" QB. I have never said that.
    I believe and have said that he's a very good QB, but not an all time great. Certainly I don't think he should be the subject of hero worship based on his on-field play.
    I do think he's a fine young man as far as I can tell.

And to respond to your other point. Good QB's are helped by good WR's and good WR's are helped by good QB's.
    Great WR's like Larry Fitz can be horribly unproductive with the terrible QB situation he had this year. Conversely, Eli wasn't going to save Sinorice Moss or Ramses Barden.
    There is no "magical QB" out there who will make a WR's career. Unless he's Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. And evn there, those guys benefit tremendously from great WR's.
    The clear implication, to me, of your repeated comments of "he's a very good QB, but not an all time great", amounts to saying "he's (just) a decent QB", regardless of whether you, MS, have ever said the words "he just a decent QB". Especially when read in the context of your response to anyone's comments about Eli. Perhaps I read you incorrectly, and if so, I apologize. But that is how you come across, relating to most if not all your Eli remarks. In any event, it is--as they say--what it is.

But perhaps you have chosen to "miss" the point of the first half of my post. The apparent "all" or "nothing" point when most on this board refer to Eli.

As to your second response, I think we are in agreement. The 2012 Crabtree/Manningham example is to me an excellent example of how the either/or debate about who makes whom, vis a vie QB/WR, is so very challengible. Interestingly, Crabtree, by his curious statement a few months ago, believes the QB "makes" the WR. Who'd a thunk it?

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    if you have to explain it that much then there are issues....IMO..
    very simple. Eli is a very good QB who has had great moments with the recievers he has had......done deal arguement over.....
    That simple, huh?

I admit I can get long winded at times. But it's really an ongoing dialectic about Eli on this thread and on this board..

Apologies to the bumper sticker crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by nyGiants547 View Post
    Die Hard Giant Fan - Die Hard Rant!

I want to preface this rant with my Eli Manning support since day 1!!! Also I put out my full admission of riding the Coughlin roller coater but fully respected him after Strahons comments breakdown and especially his NFL special which put him on the highest of pedestals - yes a die hard gMan fan (who in a brutal market) needed his personal story shared on the nefl network to seal the coffin for me. While I wish he he would have retired this past year and allow the giants to hire a new coach i accept and embrace him as our starting coach 2013 season, especially since in my opinion last year giants could have made it to the superbowl and won but the only explanation in my opinion is getting lazy. A recent 2 time wining team is filled with UN-hungry team mates (on 1 and two wins) slacking off. Im hoping, since my long term giant experience was a roller coaster of playoffs and season upsets i welcome the recent success.

My main RANT... while i dont fault cruz for trying to get paid - I think he is gambling big time. Burress was removed form us after a humen error and hoped to return with major success. Had he returned to Eli he would have seen the promis land. He didn't.... Steve Smith wanted to get paid - no hard feelings - Eagles paid and the contract soared like an eagle. After his injury we wont see (which we did whitness for a period) his post Eli potential which was non existant with the great reborn VIck...... Im upset the Giants didnt hold Ballard and hope beckum will return. The Giants receiving core will be the best worst core in the league as will the running back setup...... It can go either way. Im frustrated Hixon may leave and while im confident cruz is a play on more funds which is respected receivers (which eli respecnts and understnads for great catch/throw stories to continue he needs to throw an aggressive ball into agressive coverage to a top level corner - long story short - all GIANTS top catches - past five years - while many will kick eli when down - whose stats are better? Which receivers fell off post eli pay day? I agree eli needs receivers but question the understanding of how receivers need to utilize eli! Shockey sucked post giants whining.... Steve smith sucked post giants whinning...... Cruz.....?
    Not even trying to be funny but I'm not sure who you are mad at or what point you are trying to make. The players you mentioned had COMPLETLY different situations from Cruz. Plaice shot himself and went to jail, smith was hurt and we didn't medically clear him. Those two didn't suck simply because they didn't have Eli. One went to jail and the other never recovered from injury. Same with Ballard.
    Mannangham would have been a better reference, if that was your point.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    The clear implication, to me, of your repeated comments of "he's a very good QB, but not an all time great", amounts to saying "he's (just) a decent QB", regardless of whether you, MS, have ever said the words "he just a decent QB". Especially when read in the context of your response to anyone's comments about Eli. Perhaps I read you incorrectly, and if so, I apologize. But that is how you come across, relating to most if not all your Eli remarks. In any event, it is--as they say--what it is.

But perhaps you have chosen to "miss" the point of the first half of my post. The apparent "all" or "nothing" point when most on this board refer to Eli.

As to your second response, I think we are in agreement. The 2012 Crabtree/Manningham example is to me an excellent example of how the either/or debate about who makes whom, vis a vie QB/WR, is so very challengible. Interestingly, Crabtree, by his curious statement a few months ago, believes the QB "makes" the WR. Who'd a thunk it?
    My "implication" is exactly what I say. And that that he is a "very good QB". Only on the Giants MB does "very good QB" really mean "just OK". In any other forum around the world, "very good" actually means "very good".
    Only those with agenda's would interpret it in any other way.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by jax5338 View Post
    looks like billy and his girlfriend are playing water polo or something....
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Clorophyll, more like BORE-a-phyll...........right?
    O'DOYLE RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    My "implication" is exactly what I say. And that that he is a "very good QB". Only on the Giants MB does "very good QB" really mean "just OK". In any other forum around the world, "very good" actually means "very good".
    Only those with agenda's would interpret it in any other way.
    Sure.

As I said, maybe I read you incorrectly on this particular subject. But I don't think so.

The "those with agendas" remark cuts both ways.

Very few "very good" QBs are two time Super Bowl MVPs. None, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Sure.

As I said, maybe I read you incorrectly on this particular subject. But I don't think so.

The "those with agendas" remark cuts both ways.

Very few "very good" QBs are two time Super Bowl MVPs. None, in fact.
    He has accomplished a lot by being the QB for 2 SB winning teams. There is no disputing that.
    But stop with the SB MVP stuff. His offenses scored a total of 38 points in both games. they were team wins. Its a vote cast in a minute after the game and usually goes to the QB. Although I thought he deserved it in 2011.
    He's very good. He also has moments of greatness. he also has moments where he looks like a high school QB. He's a high beta guy.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    First of all welcome to the board, second understand your frustration; deal with it you're a Giants fan....
    That was a very tough read but I will follow your lead.............wecome to the boards.
    No one remembers who came in second.