+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jerry Reese Will Take Advantage Of Depth In 2013 Deaft

http://www.giants101.com/2013/03/29/...013-nfl-draft/

Excerpt: "Each year, depending on who you ask, there are around 40 players who could be considered "first round talents." The same applies to the 2013 NFL Draft class. Rarely are the 50 or more players that deserve being mentioned as possible first round picks.

While the size of the top tier of players is fairly set, the next tier of talent in the 2013 draft is significant in size. The drop off from true "second round talents" to "third round talents" is not sharp.

With needs all over the field, Giants fans need not panic about how early one need or another gets addressed. General Manager Jerry Reese likes to add the best guy that he can in the first round and work from there. 2013 sets up for that strategy quite well.

Two of the biggest perceived "needs" for the Giants are along the offensive line and at linebacker.
    Looking at the moves the Giants have made thus far in 2013, they have provided themselves insurance along both units by re-signing Will Beatty, Kevin Boothe and Keith Rivers, while also adding Dan Connor.

The need to address one of those spots is still present, but Reese and his staff have made is significantly less urgent." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Starter

At the end of the day

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.giants101.com/2013/03/29/...013-nfl-draft/

Excerpt: "Each year, depending on who you ask, there are around 40 players who could be considered "first round talents." The same applies to the 2013 NFL Draft class. Rarely are the 50 or more players that deserve being mentioned as possible first round picks.

While the size of the top tier of players is fairly set, the next tier of talent in the 2013 draft is significant in size. The drop off from true "second round talents" to "third round talents" is not sharp.

With needs all over the field, Giants fans need not panic about how early one need or another gets addressed. General Manager Jerry Reese likes to add the best guy that he can in the first round and work from there. 2013 sets up for that strategy quite well.

Two of the biggest perceived "needs" for the Giants are along the offensive line and at linebacker.
    Looking at the moves the Giants have made thus far in 2013, they have provided themselves insurance along both units by re-signing Will Beatty, Kevin Boothe and Keith Rivers, while also adding Dan Connor.

The need to address one of those spots is still present, but Reese and his staff have made is significantly less urgent." Read more...
    We have 8 picks:
    I'm comfortable and believe we will address psns below with quality players (in no order):
    1) at least one OL psn in the draft, probably RT. However, I hope we also draft a versatile interior lineman G/C.
    2) DT, OLB, ILB, CB, S

I believe we will acquire a veteran stop gap DE via FA after the draft when teams make cuts.

Our first four need picks should be BPA not in any order (RT, OLB, DT, CB)

40 players who are considered first round picks? Lol what? There are never close to that many. This year there are probably like 10

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    40 players who are considered first round picks? Lol what? There are never close to that many. This year there are probably like 10
    So you're suggesting what? That 22 teams want to trade out of the first?

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    So you're suggesting what? That 22 teams want to trade out of the first?
    No, someone has to get picked.

But it's the same as the chiefs first overall. There is nobody in this draft worth that spot. But they have to pick someone

No, someone has to get picked.

But it's the same as the chiefs first overall. There is nobody in this draft worth that spot. But they have to pick someone
    Well, its either that, or theres to many people worth that spot, and the diffrence in talent is to high and most are so close talent wise, that u dont know whos better then who..

As far as talent, its a seriously deep draft, its just there isn't a huge gap in talent between the top 100guys or so, so its very hard to know who to take...

I'm looking at 7rd mocks, adn the guys going in the 5th are legit possible starters, just going to show how deep this draft really is, and how close the gap is in talent level this yr...

I dont like the 1st round this year....best i hope for is trading back or team picking before 19 make a bunch of crazy no sense making picks & we can grab a steal like we did with prince...

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    I dont like the 1st round this year....best i hope for is trading back or team picking before 19 make a bunch of crazy no sense making picks & we can grab a steal like we did with prince...
    the later is probably the case and I think the guy many want is Werner. I have a feeling you might see 3 Qb's go in the 1st round.

Lol exactly. Reese last year said there was only a handful of prospects that actually got a first round grade. Please, there ain't 40 first round grades. There's like 8 at most.
    Dream Draft v1
    (Trade 12th overall pick for 20th and 52th overall picks)
    1. Cyrus Kouandjio, OT
    2. Kelvin Benjamin, WR
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE
    3. Josh Mauro, DE
    4. Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB
    5. Christian Kirksey, OLB
    6. Storm Johnson, RB

Not sure I'm buying the 40 number, and I would be hard pressed to say there are 25; however, that really doesn't matter the way Reese goes about business. There are a number of players that are very raw and could provide the G'men with some solid players after they are coached to play. I think that is what TC and his team do, make sure the individual is ready to play...