+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46
  1. #11
    I can understand Osi being upset if they had a gentlemans agreement to pay or trade them, if you go back on your word that is not "just business"

  2. #12
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    28,267
    Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    I can understand Osi being upset if they had a gentlemans agreement to pay or trade them, if you go back on your word that is not "just business"
    Show me some proof where Reese promised Osi anything....other than Osi saying it happened.
    #80

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Show me some proof where Reese promised Osi anything....other than Osi saying it happened.
    Seems like the only delusional one who thought Osi was worth "top 5 DE money" was Osi himself.

  4. #14
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,922
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Show me some proof where Reese promised Osi anything....other than Osi saying it happened.
    I remember the this disagreement. Osi thought he was top 5 and JR didn't think so. I sided with Reese. I never thought Osi was wrong for trying ot get more money. I think he signed a big contract as a young player and realized what a mistake it was. The guy gave us what he had on the field. I never remember him loafing.

  5. #15
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    28,267
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I remember the this disagreement. Osi thought he was top 5 and JR didn't think so. I sided with Reese. I never thought Osi was wrong for trying ot get more money. I think he signed a big contract as a young player and realized what a mistake it was. The guy gave us what he had on the field. I never remember him loafing.
    I never said he "loafed". I always had a problem with his public whining about a contract that made him the highest paid player at his position (at the time) of which he WILLINGLY signed. I never had a problem with the PLAYER...just the whining. But there is STILL no proof that Reese promised him anything. This is simply the word of a player who publicly bad mouthed the franchise because he had no leverage to force them to pay him more.
    Last edited by FBomb; 03-30-2013 at 09:42 AM.
    #80

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    Who's Osi?
    You know, the guy that helped this team win 2 superbowls..

  7. #17
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    28,267
    Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    You know, the guy that helped this team win 2 superbowls..
    jeepy was making a joke.
    #80

  8. #18
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,922
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    I never said he "loafed". I always had a problem with his public whining about a contract that made him the highest paid player at his position (at the time) of which he WILLINGLY signed. I never had a problem with the PLAYER...just the whining. But there is STILL no proof that Reese promised him anything. This is simply the word of a player who publicly bad mouthed the franchise because he had no leverage to force them to pay him more.
    The whining doesn't bother me. His injuries bothered me more...that and his run defense, or lack there of. Giants make money hand over fist on these players, and while they are well compensated, believe me, the team is ALWAYS the ultimate winner in terms of revenue earned. To the players I say get as much as you can get because any major sports franchise in a metro area like NYC is raking in cash disproportionate to any effort or skill ownership uses in daily operations.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    jeepy was making a joke.
    Osi was a really good player though, sacks are one thing but strip sacks are better. I mean it a turnover most of the time because the o-line is headed in the other direction. Sometimes its a turnover + a td or a lot of yards. He is right its a passing league so you want a guy who is a good pass rusher, he cant do it himself, with canty, tuck, our no-name linebackers he is not the all around player jpp is but if you use him right he is deadly.

  10. #20
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    28,267
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    The whining doesn't bother me. His injuries bothered me more...that and his run defense, or lack there of. Giants make money hand over fist on these players, and while they are well compensated, believe me, the team is ALWAYS the ultimate winner in terms of revenue earned. To the players I say get as much as you can get because any major sports franchise in a metro area like NYC is raking in cash disproportionate to any effort or skill ownership uses in daily operations.
    Osi was a pass rush specialist....nothing more. And I appreciated him for that because he was great at it. Public whining over how many millions you think you deserve because you willingly signed a front loaded contract gets on my nerves.
    #80

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts