+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    Osi was a really good player though, sacks are one thing but strip sacks are better. I mean it a turnover most of the time because the o-line is headed in the other direction. Sometimes its a turnover + a td or a lot of yards. He is right its a passing league so you want a guy who is a good pass rusher, he cant do it himself, with canty, tuck, our no-name linebackers he is not the all around player jpp is but if you use him right he is deadly.
    Osi thinks he's an every down player though. The Giants TRIED to use him right and he whined.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Show me some proof where Reese promised Osi anything....other than Osi saying it happened.
    There is also no proof that Reese didn't make a promise to Osi. It's classic he said/ he said. We will never know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    There is also no proof that Reese didn't make a promise to Osi. It's classic he said/ he said. We will never know the answer.
    Anyway here is why I think Osi is mad at Reese and why I agree with him. Osi may or may not be or have been a top 5 DE in the league. But Reese gave a ton of money to a few free agents who never really produced much, Boley, Canty, Bass. Meanwhile Osi had many good, and great seasons, one bad one but that was after the injury with Sheridan at the helm. Point is he could not say it this way, "Reese is giving my hard earned $ to these whack free agent signings"

Anyway...Thanks for the help Osi, but off with ya already...

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    But people side with Osi based on that. A guy who publicly whined about money he didn't deserve...no one else was willing to offer...and had no leverage. Thanks, but you'll pardon me if I don't buy it.
    Last edited by FBomb; 03-30-2013 at 10:46 AM.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    It is just busniness and JR has played this one perfectly over the past 3 years.
    I wish Osi well.
    Agreed. There are none better when it comes to business decisions. Hope Osi succeeds and I thank him for his contributions to the two rings.

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    Anyway here is why I think Osi is mad at Reese and why I agree with him. Osi may or may not be or have been a top 5 DE in the league. But Reese gave a ton of money to a few free agents who never really produced much, Boley, Canty, Bass. Meanwhile Osi had many good, and great seasons, one bad one but that was after the injury with Sheridan at the helm. Point is he could not say it this way, "Reese is giving my hard earned $ to these whack free agent signings"
    Osi was under CONTRACT that he willingly signed...you guys always seem to forget that point when making your arguments. Other holes needed to be filled. The other guys werent handed a boatload of money up front the way Osi was nor were they getting nearly as much as Osi thought he was worth....not to mention these were postions of great need......not panning out as we had hoped has very little to do with anything.

I have never understood these players, Osi included, who negotiate a contract and sign it and then ask for more money long before the contract is finished. If a player doesn't like the terms of the contract they never should have signed it...

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    I have never understood these players, Osi included, who negotiate a contract and sign it and then ask for more money long before the contract is finished. If a player doesn't like the terms of the contract they never should have signed it...
    Maybe he didn't realize he would evolve into the player he had become.I believe if he had stayed quiet and been a good soldier he would've been taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
    Maybe he didn't realize he would evolve into the player he had become.I believe if he had stayed quiet and been a good soldier he would've been taken care of.
    Another good point. Reese called his bluff because he was being a pain in the *** and no other team offered what Osi thought he was worth.