+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    Didn't Reese pay Osi 3 million dollars extra last year that he did not have to, since he was already under contract?
    I think it was closer to 6 but yeah essentially it was done for no reason.

At least he is financially secure now and can rest for the rest of his life. I Would invest the money and hope to have a nice retirement. But thats just me.

maybe these guys did mend their fences but i still believe the issue 3-4 years ago between Reese and Osi is the reason Osi didnt end his career with the G-Men.

more than a "make-up" i think its a good riddance statement from both of 'em!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    How exactly did Jacobs "blow the bridge to pieces"? SMH
    For clarification sake, I am referring to Brandon Jacobs, Who I viewed as a Helmet throwing (and benched), whining malcontent, who took a recalcitrant play me, or trade stance, in his declining years with the NY Giants. When finally given his wish, as a member of the Super Bowl Winning 49ers, he was released in December that same year for "conduct detrimental to the team", having become Very outspoken,and it was obvious that the 49ers had a lot less tolerance level of Mr Jacobs, " how you handle things with your boss & in public", than the NY Giants did. That is my opinion, please feel free to substitute Mr Tiki Barber for Brandon Jacobs if you wish. The point remains the same.

Quote Originally Posted by foxie View Post
    For clarification sake, I am referring to Brandon Jacobs, Who I viewed as a Helmet throwing (and benched), whining malcontent, who took a recalcitrant play me, or trade stance, in his declining years with the NY Giants. When finally given his wish, as a member of the Super Bowl Winning 49ers, he was released in December that same year for "conduct detrimental to the team", having become Very outspoken,and it was obvious that the 49ers had a lot less tolerance level of Mr Jacobs, " how you handle things with your boss & in public", than the NY Giants did. That is my opinion, please feel free to substitute Mr Tiki Barber for Brandon Jacobs if you wish. The point remains the same.
    I'm not substituting anyone. You made the statement and it is false. Jacobs has done absolutley nothing to burn any bridges with the Giants. He praised them as he was walking out the door. And "whining malcontant"?? He took Bradshaw under his wing and had no problem splitting time with him. I don't care what happened in San Fran. He is/was a true Giant and will be welcomed back for a one day contract when he retires.

You are completely wrong about Jacobs. You may not like his helmet throwing incident, but that didn't tarnish his Giants career.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I'm not substituting anyone. You made the statement and it is false. Jacobs has done absolutley nothing to burn any bridges with the Giants. He praised them as he was walking out the door. And "whining malcontant"?? He took Bradshaw under his wing and had no problem splitting time with him. I don't care what happened in San Fran. He is/was a true Giant and will be welcomed back for a one day contract when he retires.

You are completely wrong about Jacobs. You may not like his helmet throwing incident, but that didn't tarnish his Giants career.
    You are completely correct 100%. BJ was a great team player with the Giants. F... the SF Whiners.