+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF??? Romo worth $108 million??

Quote Originally Posted by njsean View Post
    The tone of this thread seems strange. I mean, based on reports he was free to walk in 2014, and I much would have preferred that. He can't win the big one? So what? He's made us look stupid, and I'd prefer playing Kyle Orton than risk losses that could impact our playoff chances.

Will it impact their cap? Sure. But I'd still sooner he go elsewhere. Sure, some people prefer the tougher road, but these last two season have taught every win and loss matters. I'd rather have easier wins.
    Its realy disbelief and explained perfectly in Schefter's tweet...

and this picture:

"....One if these things is NOT like the others...."
    ...the tortillas are dry...

The tone of this thread seems strange. I mean, based on reports he was free to walk in 2014, and I much would have preferred that. He can't win the big one? So what? He's made us look stupid, and I'd prefer playing Kyle Orton than risk losses that could impact our playoff chances.

Will it impact their cap? Sure. But I'd still sooner he go elsewhere. Sure, some people prefer the tougher road, but these last two season have taught every win and loss matters. I'd rather have easier wins.
    Pretty much disagree with all of this. Romo is a good enough QB but we could do much worse as an oponent. (guarantee you that we won't be seeing Kyle Orton types starting for the Cowboys if Romo were gone) Knowing that Romo is there for up to six years while draining that cap space is a very happy thought for me.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    The contract insults our football sensibilities.
    A price must be paid for this transgression.
    I can accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    The contract insults our football sensibilities.
    A price must be paid for this transgression.
    The contract is a gift to us.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    (guarantee you that we won't be seeing Kyle Orton types starting for the Cowboys if Romo were gone)
    You mean like the quality starters they had before him? Yeah, I'd welcome them back.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    And I refuse to diss Romo until we fix our secondary.

The same guy you're laughing at swiss cheesed us for almost 800 yards in 2 games last year.
    the season opener was a disaster and the game in dallas was even worse even though we won.

You mean like the quality starters they had before him? Yeah, I'd welcome them back.
    Jerry, face lift Jones has too much of an ego to go with Orton as his starting QB. Rom is the best case scenario for Giants fans.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Jerry, face lift Jones has too much of an ego to go with Orton as his starting QB. Rom is the best case scenario for Giants fans.
    You are over estimating how easy he would be to replace. Knock his choking when it matters all you want, but when it's early in the season and the pressures off, he's carved us up. JJs ego handle Quincy Carter and Bledsoe

1 playoff win... Wow.Eli may be over paid, but at least he got us 2 rings.

This move reminds me of what the Jets did with Sanchez. Prove nothing? Here is a big fat contract.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    1 playoff win... Wow.Eli may be over paid, but at least he got us 2 rings.

This move reminds me of what the Jets did with Sanchez. Prove nothing? Here is a big fat contract.
    That is why I love this. It's like the Easter Bunny just dropped a gift on us.

+ Reply to Thread