+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF??? Romo worth $108 million??

Quote Originally Posted by njsean View Post
    He's post season record really shouldn't matter to us. We aren't the fan base of the Buttboys. What should matter is his performances against us. It isn't something I'm overjoyed about continuing. I mean, does it make a difference in the long run. No. I pretty much expected Romo to stick around down there, but the idea of him leaving had its pluses.
    Do you really need it explained to you, or are you just being a **** for no reason?
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

$18 million per year/$55 guaranteed is good value, really. Like it or not, but Romo is a good quarterback - top 10, easy. Considering how many teams are without anything approaching "decent" at the quarterback position, Romo would likely have fetched even more on the open market. It's just the way the league works.

While Jerry Jones is crazy (clearly the successor to Al Davis), this simply had to be done. Without an extension they'd have lost Romo (previous contract terms prevented them from applying the franchise tag next season), so it was either this or plummet back to square one.

In such a competitive division (and conference) they couldn't have afforded to lose ground.

Excerpt: "La Canfora retrieved the breakdown of Romo's guaranteed money, which differs slightly from the orginal $55 million:

The extension could be reported as worth a maximum of $108 million, with $55 million guaranteed. But according to a source with knowledge of the deal, the full guarantee -- for injury, skill and cap -- is actually $40 million, which would put him well lower than the record deals recently signed by Drew Brees and Joe Flacco." Read more...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...th-108-million
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-29-2013 at 08:55 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

i might be the only one but i feel like this is a move the Cowboys "had" to do. Romo's a really good QB and you don't just let them walk away. They're pretty much priceless. If Romo leaves, the Cowboys are all of a sudden in rebuilding mode.

who gives a fridge...if anything this is a good thing for us...think about it

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by luni View Post
    Cant fix Stupid

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    who gives a fridge...if anything this is a good thing for us...think about it
    I disagree. Retaining Romo keeps the Cowboys competitive, which in turn hinders the playoff prospects of every other team in the NFC East.

You honestly think this is a good thing when the Giants only just strangled one win out of two against Dallas last season?

Jerry Jones having to replace Romo would be the best possible thing for the Giants. Romo fell into his lap; he got lucky. If Jones had to draft a successor, his team would likely slip into the abyss recently vacated by the Redskins.

Romo is a good quarterback. Him remaining in the division is not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I disagree. Retaining Romo keeps the Cowboys competitive, which in turn hinders the playoff prospects of every other team in the NFC East.

You honestly think this is a good thing when the Giants only just strangled one win out of two against Dallas last season?

Jerry Jones having to replace Romo would be the best possible thing for the Giants. Romo fell into his lap; he got lucky. If Jones had to draft a successor, his team would likely slip into the abyss recently vacated by the Redskins.

Romo is a good quarterback. Him remaining in the division is not a good thing.
    Plus, it doesn't mean Jones has to keep him if he finds something better down the road. The guaranteed money is all that is...well guaranteed.

Romo is a good QB but to me the Giants need to worry about the Giants. Defensive scheme and Defensive player want-to is more important to me.

we have Romo and RG3 and maybe Geno (?) in Philly if Chip gets his way.

I have confidence that a productive pass rush on Romo pushes him to make mistakes, ergo I am unconcerned about his re-signing.

Our Defense's non-existent Run-Stopping is a chief concern of mine, over-running a QB like RG is a concern.

Giving up the soft middle to slashing TE's is a concern of mine. Playing specific receivers too deep is a concern of mine.

A disciplined and now in our Division if not Conference, and athletic and fast Defense is what would give me sleep at night.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Do you really need it explained to you, or are you just being a **** for no reason?
    Yes, please explain how a QB that shredded our defense twice last season and would have won twice if not for a receiver's pinky STAYING in our division is better than leaving.

I'm glad the Cowboys had to pay a hefty sum to keep him, but it's too bad he couldn't wait a year get his money else where.

+ Reply to Thread