+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by njsean View Post
    He has no hump in regards to beating us. It's not like we loss to Romo because he's a product of a system or is elevated by superior players they won't be able to afford anymore. The guy has diced our secondary with frickin' Ogletree. If anything the guy has been hindered by the idiocy of his teammates and coaching.

I'm not saying this guy is worth the contract that you pay QBs that have won SBs - But the guy is still good and we would be better off not facing him twice a year.
    He diced Justin freaking Tryon with Ogletree. I bet TEBOW could throw all day on Tryon...

Of course I feel as though Tryon should have been a backup FB more than CB, because while he sucks in coverage, he's a great blocker...

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

He really had no choice but its not all bad its really 7 years 60 mill and the cowboys can cut him loose in 4 years. Its alot of upfront money no doubt. Romo is smart though had the cowboys screwed regardless. So all in all it will be a long tenure for Romo and company.

He has no hump in regards to beating us. It's not like we loss to Romo because he's a product of a system or is elevated by superior players they won't be able to afford anymore. The guy has diced our secondary with frickin' Ogletree. If anything the guy has been hindered by the idiocy of his teammates and coaching.

I'm not saying this guy is worth the contract that you pay QBs that have won SBs - But the guy is still good and we would be better off not facing him twice a year.
    So because in last season's opener our team's defense managed to make Romo look like Rodgers or Brees--which they did in a few other games last year--all of a sudden we'd be "better off not facing him twice a year"? Where did this "other" Romo come from?

Fact is, over the last 5 years (10 games vs Cowboys) Giants are 7-3. And 1 of those 3 losses, in 2010, was vs Kitna as QB.

Romo is 2-6 vs Giants since 2008.

Since Romo became a starter in 2006, he is 5-8 vs Giants, including the more-important-than-all-the-other-games, 2007 playoff game.

We split with the Cowboys 3 of the last 5 years, 2008, 2010 (the year we beat Romo, lost v Kitna), 2012. We swept the other 2 years.

Including the Sept 2012 opener vs Giants, Romo-led Cowboys defeated Giants once since Dec. 2008. Romo beat us once in the last 4 years. Once. The one game you single out as an example of Romo "dominance" vs Giants.

You want to know--aside from his 1-3 post season record--why so many Giants fans are thrilled with Romo being retained by Dallas and remaining in the NFC East?

Where is this fear of facing Romo coming from?
    Last edited by gmen46; 03-30-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    And in the meantime, Eli is sitting here, going "hey guys, i'll give up some money if you get me some OL in exchange. More Cruz would be nice too."
    Oh really?? When did he say he would give up money??

He said he would be willing to talk about a restructure if the team asked. That is NOT giving up money. It's actually getting the money up front in signing bonus. It basically just changes future salary into guaranteed money. It's a win for Eli, just as much as it is for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    So because in last season's opener our team's defense managed to make Romo look like Rodgers or Brees--which they did in a few other games last year--all of a sudden we'd be "better off not facing him twice a year"? Where did this "other" Romo come from?

Fact is, over the last 5 years (10 games vs Cowboys) Giants are 7-3. And 1 of those 3 losses, in 2010, was vs Kitna as QB.

Since Romo became a starter in 2006, he is 5-8 vs Giants, including the more-important-than-all-the-other-games, 2007 playoff game.

We split with the Cowboys 3 of the last 5 years, 2008, 2010 (the year we beat Romo, lost v Kitna), 2012. We swept the other 2 years.

Including the Sept 2012 opener vs Giants, Romo-led Cowboys defeated Giants once since Dec. 2008. Romo beat us once in the last 4 years. Once. The one game you single out as an example of Romo "dominance" vs Giants.

You want to know--aside from his 1-3 post season record--why so many Giants fans are thrilled with Romo being retained by Dallas and remaining in the NFC East?

Good post.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post

Two things:

First, there's a difference between fear of a player and acknowledgement that our opponent would be weaker without him.

Second, if you're using the fact that the Cowboys lost to suggest that Romo hasn't consistently made our defense look silly, then I guess you just DVR and fastforward to the end score to form your opinion. Fact is, he nearly became a hero, rallying his team back against us to punch a ticket to the post season if not for Bryant's pinky.

You can point to his bonehead mistakes and stupid picks - and we should be fortunate he makes them - if he ever got his head out of his backside, it would be a nightmare.

Two things:First, there's a difference between fear of a player and acknowledgement that our opponent would be weaker without him.Second, if you're using the fact that the Cowboys lost to suggest that Romo hasn't consistently made our defense look silly, then I guess you just DVR and fastforward to the end score to form your opinion. Fact is, he nearly became a hero, rallying his team back against us to punch a ticket to the post season if not for Bryant's pinky.You can point to his bonehead mistakes and stupid picks - and we should be fortunate he makes them - if he ever got his head out of his backside, it would be a nightmare.
    Well fortunately for us, that's his biggest flaw. Always seems to make the biggest mistake.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Well fortunately for us, that's his biggest flaw. Always seems to make the biggest mistake.
    What's fascinating is that he REALLY does. It's almost absurd. I mean, I typically hate when fans and media types try to define players - Like, "So and So CAN'T win the big one just because he HASN'T" - Usually, it's all a bunch of over-simplication. People don't always "make the big mistake" or don't always "come through in the clutch" - People aren't so definite.

BUT HE IS. And he DOES always make the dumb mistake.

It's fascinating and I wonder if it isn't something of self fulfilling prophecy at this point. He consistently lives right up (or down?) to expectations.

What's fascinating is that he REALLY does. It's almost absurd. I mean, I typically hate when fans and media types try to define players - Like, "So and So CAN'T win the big one just because he HASN'T" - Usually, it's all a bunch of over-simplication. People don't always "make the big mistake" or don't always "come through in the clutch" - People aren't so definite.

BUT HE IS. And he DOES always make the dumb mistake.

It's fascinating and I wonder if it isn't something of self fulfilling prophecy at this point. He consistently lives right up (or down?) to expectations.
    Honestly I almost feel bad for him. I hate the Cowboys, but I don't really hate Romo himself as a person or a player, but the amount of times he's made a critical error..it's almost a part of his game. That's why I think signing him to that extension was a not so smart move on Dallas' part. Jerry Jones is the stupidest GM in the history of sports.