+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: WTF??? Romo worth $108 million??

Quote Originally Posted by njsean View Post
    What's fascinating is that he REALLY does. It's almost absurd. I mean, I typically hate when fans and media types try to define players - Like, "So and So CAN'T win the big one just because he HASN'T" - Usually, it's all a bunch of over-simplication. People don't always "make the big mistake" or don't always "come through in the clutch" - People aren't so definite.

BUT HE IS. And he DOES always make the dumb mistake.
    Indeed - it's truly bizarre. You can basically set your watch to a Romo meltdown. He's as consistent with his negatives as he is with his positives.

Yes, please explain how a QB that shredded our defense twice last season and would have won twice if not for a receiver's pinky STAYING in our division is better than leaving.

I'm glad the Cowboys had to pay a hefty sum to keep him, but it's too bad he couldn't wait a year get his money else where.
    Well....mostly it's a joke. Rhomo is a choke artist when it comes to the big games and playoffs. What's worse than losing to the Cowboys in the regular season?......Having them win ANYTHING in the post season. Our division games are tough no matter WHO is the QB..i.e..Rex Grossman....insuring that the Cowboys go nowhere in the playoffs and at the same time fleecing JJ for millions is great for us because that's less talent you can surround Rhomo with.

Not to mention my grandmother could have shredded that defense last season. And she's been dead for 15 years!!!

But as I said....it's mostly a joke.
    Last edited by FBomb; 03-30-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

I just don't think he's worth that much. I understood that they had to extend him..but $55 million? Sheesh
    I thought we had something special!!!

Oh, I get it. You're one of those its always our fault when we lose, our skill when we win sort of fans.
    hahaha yeah, okay.

is he good? well, yes.

am I worried he remained in the Division? No. Our 2ndary and Defense as a whole has been suspect the last two seasons, hence my "disciplined, fast and athletic" comments.

Does our Team beat themselves in some games? Hell yes.

Does our Team sometimes get the doors blown off them? Yes.

Is Romo god? **** no.

Like others have said, his record against us is what it is. Period. You can't argue against truth and stats.

For me, in our Division, it's RG3 that gives me nightmares...maybe he's the real reason why Osi was ready to leave?

As for other nightmares: Desean, Witten, Moss and for the moment Alfred freakin' Morris top off my top 5 hated NFCE personel.

PS
    By "hated" I mean totally f'n respect because they bring their A game against us just about every time and they are damn effective. (RG3 and Morris tentative at this time but based on what we saw last season, I shudder).
    Last edited by giantyankee1976; 03-30-2013 at 07:35 PM.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I just don't think he's worth that much. I understood that they had to extend him..but $55 million? Sheesh
    It's the price they had to pay to stop him from bailing.

Two things:

First, there's a difference between fear of a player and acknowledgement that our opponent would be weaker without him.

Second, if you're using the fact that the Cowboys lost to suggest that Romo hasn't consistently made our defense look silly, then I guess you just DVR and fastforward to the end score to form your opinion. Fact is, he nearly became a hero, rallying his team back against us to punch a ticket to the post season if not for Bryant's pinky.

You can point to his bonehead mistakes and stupid picks - and we should be fortunate he makes them - if he ever got his head out of his backside, it would be a nightmare.
    All of this is irrelevant.

We are 6-2 vs Cowboys when Romo is playing, the last 5 seasons.

You seem to believe the number of yards Romo passes for vs Giants is far more important than the final score. I don't. (In 2011 the Packers and the Patriots were 31st and 32nd in the league in most yards allowed; yet the Packers went 15-1 and the Patriots made it to the Super Bowl. Ask them which is more important--yards allowed or points allowed, points scored, and wins).

And, fact is, Romo "nearly" becoming a "hero" is not even close to the same thing as actually being a hero.

The point about Romo's career--all 7 seasons--that is worthy of criticism is that his "bonehead mistakes and stupid picks" are what Romo is. They are not just an occasional factor that can be forgiven because he offsets them on other critical occasions.

If, after 7 seasons, he has not gotten "his head out of his backside", as you yourself put it, what makes you think he will the next 6 years?

Again, you seem to only remember this last season in evaluating Romo's performances vs Giants, when Romo threw for a lot of yards vs Giants. He did do that.

But even so, he won only 1 of those games. And while you put so much on the issue of Bryant missing the winning TD the second game by "a pinkie", fact is, after 59+ minutes Romo and his team was --with all his "shredding" of our defense--losing the game.

Your claim is that Giants would "be better off not facing" Romo twice a year. I--and others on this thread, apparently--reject that notion.

You have no idea Cowboys would automatically be "weaker" without Romo. No idea. Meanwhile, Romo is the devil we know, and we know we have a far better than 50-50 (more like 75%, actually) chance of defeating Cowboys with Romo at the helm. HAIL ROMO!!

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Romo is the devil we know, and we know we have a far better than 50-50 (more like 75%, actually) chance of defeating Cowboys with Romo at the helm.
    Facts is facts!
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    All of this is irrelevant.

We are 6-2 vs Cowboys when Romo is playing, the last 5 seasons.

You seem to believe the number of yards Romo passes for vs Giants is far more important than the final score. I don't. (In 2011 the Packers and the Patriots were 31st and 32nd in the league in most yards allowed; yet the Packers went 15-1 and the Patriots made it to the Super Bowl. Ask them which is more important--yards allowed or points allowed, points scored, and wins).

And, fact is, Romo "nearly" becoming a "hero" is not even close to the same thing as actually being a hero.

The point about Romo's career--all 7 seasons--that is worthy of criticism is that his "bonehead mistakes and stupid picks" are what Romo is. They are not just an occasional factor that can be forgiven because he offsets them on other critical occasions.

If, after 7 seasons, he has not gotten "his head out of his backside", as you yourself put it, what makes you think he will the next 6 years?

Again, you seem to only remember this last season in evaluating Romo's performances vs Giants, when Romo threw for a lot of yards vs Giants. He did do that.

But even so, he won only 1 of those games. And while you put so much on the issue of Bryant missing the winning TD the second game by "a pinkie", fact is, after 59+ minutes Romo and his team was --with all his "shredding" of our defense--losing the game.

Your claim is that Giants would "be better off not facing" Romo twice a year. I--and others on this thread, apparently--reject that notion.

You have no idea Cowboys would automatically be "weaker" without Romo. No idea. Meanwhile, Romo is the devil we know, and we know we have a far better than 50-50 (more like 75%, actually) chance of defeating Cowboys with Romo at the helm. HAIL ROMO!!
    Actually, all of what you have written is irrelevant (see, I can do that too and it actually makes sense) - especially in regards to records when examining individual players. We've consistently beaten the Patriots, so by your reasoning, you would prefer to face them with Brady than without. The Packers we've beaten pretty soundly the last two times we've played - surely you'd prefer to face them with Rodgers than without if the win was (and of course IS) the most important thing. Speaking of the Packers, they've been pretty consistent against the Vikings of late - I guess they definitely want Peterson there for the long time coming. I could go on...

It is not just this past season - since he's been the starter Romo has consistently performed well against us even in losing efforts. This is, of course, a TEAM game. The fact that we HAVE beaten the Cowboys with Romo doesn't equate to that the Cowboys wouldn't be even less competitive with a rookie QB or some journymen at the helm.

I have "No idea" that the Giants would automatically be weaker without Eli Manning. No idea. But I'm sure Cowboys fans would be willing to role those dice. (Que your response about the difference in record which completely misses the point about the difficulty in finding a QB)

I try not to not to fall into the easy trap of being rude on a message broad, but "reject" the notion all you want, I think anyone who thinks the Cowboys would be better for us with Romo than without is being deliberately thick or belligerent and overly dismissive of a rival.

EDIT: Regardless of his unfathomably consistent stupidity in the biggest games, he's good enough to keep the Cowboys competitive enough to keep having big games to blow. Jones being able to find another QB to lead a team despite the idiocy that surrounds them at every level at the drop of a hat seems like a strange stance.
    Last edited by njsean; 03-31-2013 at 11:35 PM.

Actually, all of what you have written is irrelevant (see, I can do that too and it actually makes sense) - especially in regards to records when examining individual players. We've consistently beaten the Patriots, so by your reasoning, you would prefer to face them with Brady than without. The Packers we've beaten pretty soundly the last two times we've played - surely you'd prefer to face them with Rodgers than without if the win was (and of course IS) the most important thing. Speaking of the Packers, they've been pretty consistent against the Vikings of late - I guess they definitely want Peterson there for the long time coming. I could go on...

It is not just this past season - since he's been the starter Romo has consistently performed well against us even in losing efforts. This is, of course, a TEAM game. The fact that we HAVE beaten the Cowboys with Romo doesn't equate to that the Cowboys wouldn't be even less competitive with a rookie QB or some journymen at the helm.

I have "No idea" that the Giants would automatically be weaker without Eli Manning. No idea. But I'm sure Cowboys fans would be willing to role those dice. (Que your response about the difference in record which completely misses the point about the difficulty in finding a QB)

I try not to not to fall into the easy trap of being rude on a message broad, but "reject" the notion all you want, I think anyone who thinks the Cowboys would be better for us with Romo than without is being deliberately thick or belligerent and overly dismissive of a rival.

EDIT: Regardless of his unfathomably consistent stupidity in the biggest games, he's good enough to keep the Cowboys competitive enough to keep having big games to blow. Jones being able to find another QB to lead a team despite the idiocy that surrounds them at every level at the drop of a hat seems like a strange stance.
    We aren't the only ones saying that. Even Cowboy fans think it's absolutely ridiculous, not just us or the rest of the division. Nobody is saying Romo is a bad quarterback or that he sucks..but let's be honest here, no matter how competitive, or how "good" he is, he will always have that nitch of making a mistake down the road. I really don't think anyone is shaking in their boots.

In my personal opinion, it doesn't matter how good of a regular season quarterback he is. It doesn't matter how many 4th quarter comebacks he has. It doesn't matter how many records he breaks, it doesn't matter he's better statistically than Eli. He is an accident waiting to happen, and he will almost always find a way to screw everything up. That is why people are more than happy to have him stay in the division. Him being an accident waiting to happen negates the fact that he is competitive, you're just going to throw an interception with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter with the NFC East Championship on the line anyway.

That is the sad thing about Tony Romo.
    Last edited by Rudyy; 03-31-2013 at 11:49 PM.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    In my personal opinion, it doesn't matter how good of a regular season quarterback he is. It doesn't matter how many 4th quarter comebacks he has. It doesn't matter how many records he breaks, it doesn't matter he's better statistically than Eli. He is an accident waiting to happen, and he will almost always find a way to screw everything up. That is why people are more than happy to have him stay in the division. Him being an accident waiting to happen negates the fact that he is competitive, you're just going to throw an interception with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter with the NFC East Championship on the line anyway.
    A good regular season performance by the Cowboys can keep the Giants out of the playoffs. That's how I see it.

Look at what happened once the Redskins found a quarterback.

+ Reply to Thread