+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 115
  1. #81
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I disagree. Retaining Romo keeps the Cowboys competitive, which in turn hinders the playoff prospects of every other team in the NFC East.

    You honestly think this is a good thing when the Giants only just strangled one win out of two against Dallas last season?

    Jerry Jones having to replace Romo would be the best possible thing for the Giants. Romo fell into his lap; he got lucky. If Jones had to draft a successor, his team would likely slip into the abyss recently vacated by the Redskins.

    Romo is a good quarterback. Him remaining in the division is not a good thing.
    Exactly. I mean, I get the posters who are happy he's costing him a lot. But the ones acting like he's the QB they'd rather face than whoever else is available for them, as if Romo is this scrub - that I think is just a reflection of their need to dismiss any move a rival makes even if at the cost of logic.

  2. #82
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    Romo is a good QB but to me the Giants need to worry about the Giants. Defensive scheme and Defensive player want-to is more important to me.

    we have Romo and RG3 and maybe Geno (?) in Philly if Chip gets his way.


    I have confidence that a productive pass rush on Romo pushes him to make mistakes, ergo I am unconcerned about his re-signing.

    Our Defense's non-existent Run-Stopping is a chief concern of mine, over-running a QB like RG is a concern.

    Giving up the soft middle to slashing TE's is a concern of mine. Playing specific receivers too deep is a concern of mine.

    A disciplined and now in our Division if not Conference, and athletic and fast Defense is what would give me sleep at night.
    Oh, I get it. You're one of those its always our fault when we lose, our skill when we win sort of fans.

  3. #83
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    35,702
    Quote Originally Posted by njsean View Post
    Yes, please explain how a QB that shredded our defense twice last season and would have won twice if not for a receiver's pinky STAYING in our division is better than leaving.I'm glad the Cowboys had to pay a hefty sum to keep him, but it's too bad he couldn't wait a year get his money else where.
    Because he's not worth $55 million. He's a good quarterback with a very huge flaw in his game. He can't elevate his play to get over the hump. Something disasterous almost always happens. One playoff win does not warrant $55 million dollars.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Because he's not worth $55 million. He's a good quarterback with a very huge flaw in his game. He can't elevate his play to get over the hump. Something disasterous almost always happens. One playoff win does not warrant $55 million dollars.
    The desire to remain competitive and to ensure fans continue to turn up to games means he's worth it. Blowing up the team and starting over really isn't an option.

    All decent quarterbacks get ridiculous money - some horrendously bad ones do, too. It shouldn't be a surprise anymore.

  5. #85
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    35,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    The desire to remain competitive and to ensure fans continue to turn up to games means he's worth it. Blowing up the team and starting over really isn't an option.All decent quarterbacks get ridiculous money - some horrendously bad ones do, too. It shouldn't be a surprise anymore.
    Remaining competitive is going to be hard for them since they have barely any money to fix their offensive line now. I also heard their cap hit is going to be $25 million next year.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Remaining competitive is going to be hard for them since they have barely any money to fix their offensive line now. I also heard their cap hit is going to be $25 million next year.
    Yep, a very low hit this year then 20+ for 2014 and 2015. It's mostly base, though. If they eat the hits then Romo can be safely released in a few years time, otherwise they can restructure.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 03-30-2013 at 11:39 AM.

  7. #87
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Because he's not worth $55 million. He's a good quarterback with a very huge flaw in his game. He can't elevate his play to get over the hump. Something disasterous almost always happens. One playoff win does not warrant $55 million dollars.
    He has no hump in regards to beating us. It's not like we loss to Romo because he's a product of a system or is elevated by superior players they won't be able to afford anymore. The guy has diced our secondary with frickin' Ogletree. If anything the guy has been hindered by the idiocy of his teammates and coaching.

    I'm not saying this guy is worth the contract that you pay QBs that have won SBs - But the guy is still good and we would be better off not facing him twice a year.

  8. #88
    is he a good QB??...yes...but until he gets rid of his "big game ooops", he will not get the respect...worth the money??...no....

  9. #89
    And in the meantime, Eli is sitting here, going "hey guys, i'll give up some money if you get me some OL in exchange. More Cruz would be nice too."

  10. #90
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    35,702
    Quote Originally Posted by njsean View Post
    He has no hump in regards to beating us. It's not like we loss to Romo because he's a product of a system or is elevated by superior players they won't be able to afford anymore. The guy has diced our secondary with frickin' Ogletree. If anything the guy has been hindered by the idiocy of his teammates and coaching.I'm not saying this guy is worth the contract that you pay QBs that have won SBs - But the guy is still good and we would be better off not facing him twice a year.
    Regardless, he has one playoff win..even though he gives us headsches. I'll take it.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts