+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 77

Thread: Romo the Great

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    455

    Romo the Great

    the man got his money and now on to the postseasons!!!!!!!!


    maybe?

  2. #2
    108M? Please. You of all people know he isn't worth that much. There was a time they contemplated getting rid of him and no this? Makes it tough on GMs of Rodgers and others that have to resign those guys soon
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  3. #3
    Thank you Jerry!

  4. #4
    Tony Romo got paid like the champ that he is! .............oh wait!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    Tony Romo got paid like the champ that he is! .............oh wait!
    He got paid like the franchise quarterback he is.

    $18 million per year is pretty low, really. It's a good price for him.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
    the man got his money and now on to the postseasons!!!!!!!!


    maybe?
    Pretty sure he's spanking it

  7. #7
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    28,236
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
    the man got his money and now on to the postseasons!!!!!!!!


    maybe?
    #80

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    He got paid like the franchise quarterback he is.

    $18 million per year is pretty low, really. It's a good price for him.
    Romo is pushing 33 and is prone to injury. Not worth it IMO.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    Romo is pushing 33 and is prone to injury. Not worth it IMO.
    Hmm, prone to injury? What games are you watching? Say whatever you want about him and the contract but to say he is prone to injury is asinine. Has he been injured? yes, but not because he is prone, it is because he is getting creamed due to putrid blocking and running for his life.

    2010 was the only season he missed significant time and that was for good reason. Lee, Miles and Murray are prone to injury, Romo is not. Time will tell how this works out but I can tell yas one thing..Dallas is better off with Romo than with a mediocre/potential rookie or a never has been playing QB.

    Give him a good offensive line and I think things will be different but if they keep asking him to do it all, it will be more of the same IMO.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    Romo is pushing 33 and is prone to injury. Not worth it IMO.
    When you consider the alternative, I think it's definitely worth it for Dallas. Romo is the only thing keeping that team afloat.

    I don't think his age is anything to worry about as he's still playing at a high level. It's not like he's going to play out the full length of the contract, either.

    As for the injury-prone label, I disagree to an extent. When Romo gets hurt, it's for good reason. Darren McFadden is prone to injury, Romo is prone to getting drilled over and over again. His line is abysmal. It often appears that they flat-out cannot play.
    Considering the punishment he takes, Romo is probably one of the tougher quarterbacks out there, he won't exit a game unless he's unable to function correctly. I mean, he played with fractured ribs and a collapsed lung last season.

    In this age of rapidly escalating quarterback contracts, $18 million isn't too bad. While Romo isn't "elite", he's still pretty good.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts