+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giants at 5-2 odds of landing Urlacher

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    If they were going for that I would have just re-signed Blackburn... too late for that now though...
    Right, cause Blackburn has HoF knowledge of being a 4-3 MLB... Our young guys would learn more in a day from Brian then they would in a season from Blackburn.

Quote Originally Posted by LayLow View Post
    If they wanted an old LB to guide the younger ones they can just ask Carson, Banks or Armstread to do it.
    They haven't player in over 10 years. The game is changed. Wth are you talking about?

It's not that I don't see the argument, and I don't know anything about Urlacher personally, so maybe he's a great teacher/mentor. Maybe he's not.

But who does he take playing time from?? Roster spots are worth their weight in gold, and I doubt BU would play STeams.

I just don't think you take up a roster spot for a mentor. If he's more than that. . .if he's still got game. . .then that's another story.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

I wonder what would Urlacher's salary be if we do get him

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Blue View Post
    I wonder what would Urlacher's salary be if we do get him
    He wants more than what anyone is willing to pay for him, which is why he doesn't have a job.

If he would be willing to come for the min then I would see it as great but that would be dependent on him still being able to contribute play wise to the team. Lets be real, we dont have much going on at LB and I dont think Connor is the answer. We can't do any worse than we are now.

I'll take Urlacher for the right price and no more than two years. Better than Connors (is that his name?) and better than Herz.

But I'll take Ogletree over all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    I'll take Urlacher for the right price and no more than two years. Better than Connors (is that his name?) and better than Herz.

But I'll take Ogletree over all of them.
    How do you know he's better than "Connors" when you don't even know the guy's name?

Mentoring doesn't make sense when you already have Armstead as a special assistant to the team. And, as asked before, we need players who would you give up for him?

Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    Right, cause Blackburn has HoF knowledge of being a 4-3 MLB... Our young guys would learn more in a day from Brian then they would in a season from Blackburn.
    As someone else pointed out, just because you're great at something doesn't make you a great teacher. I'd have more faith in Blackburn teaching (hey, he was about to become an actual teacher before JR called him up in 2011) than Urlacher...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

+ Reply to Thread