+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Only two things will happen and it's good for 2013 so we don't need to immediately be afraid.

    One is that he signs the contract, the other is that he plays for the tender and hopes he gets a better deal when he's unrestricted. Either way we're good for 2013.

    or he holds out, doesn't play in 2013, and leaves in 2014.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    Don't let it get to ya. It's all business. Relax. Enjoy the spring. If he signs, he signs. If not, we find someone else to throw too. Either way, don't sweat it. We will still have a very explosive team on the field.
    It's not gonna be ok "either way" if we lose Cruz. The season is down the drain. Might as well go 1 and 15 to get the first pick in14 if that happens. I'll be devastated if we lose Cruz. I prob wouldn't be able to enjoy football again until he retires. Even then I would still be bitter wondering what could have been. With a healthy nicks Cruz randle Murphy and Myers. We would have the best passing attack ever for the giants and the best in the league no comparison

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
    or he holds out, doesn't play in 2013, and leaves in 2014.
    if he holds out he will still owe us a season. he would still be rfa in 2014 if he holds out.

  4. #14
    The hold up is cruz holding the organization up for every dollar possible. I hear his agent is even asking if he can be 5 minutes late to every meeting or cruz refuses to salsa after TDs.

  5. #15
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    if he holds out he will still owe us a season. he would still be rfa in 2014 if he holds out.
    he can hold out and as long as he signs the tender by week 10 making him an UFA in 2014 or a candidate for the franchise tag at around $10 million or so. the bigger dilemma is that the giants would certainly lose one of he or hakeem nicks in 2014 because they wont be able to pay both of them at the same time and there is only one franchise tag. he very well could hold out and still make $1.19 million for playing 7 games which is more than he made in any other year. I think he holds out and tries to get paid. somebody will absolutely overpay with out penalty of losing a 1st round pick although I think at this point in his career he is worth overpayment if anybody is.

  6. #16
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    103,950
    Quote Originally Posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
    or he holds out, doesn't play in 2013, and leaves in 2014.
    That can't happen. If he holds out long enough, he forfeits the 2013 season and is right back to RFA in 2014.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  7. #17
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    103,950
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    he can hold out and as long as he signs the tender by week 10 making him an UFA in 2014 or a candidate for the franchise tag at around $10 million or so. the bigger dilemma is that the giants would certainly lose one of he or hakeem nicks in 2014 because they wont be able to pay both of them at the same time and there is only one franchise tag. he very well could hold out and still make $1.19 million for playing 7 games which is more than he made in any other year. I think he holds out and tries to get paid. somebody will absolutely overpay with out penalty of losing a 1st round pick although I think at this point in his career he is worth overpayment if anybody is.
    I don't think he can hold out and be a UFA in 2014. All of the indications are that this deal is gong to get done.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  8. #18
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    103,950
    Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    The hold up is cruz holding the organization up for every dollar possible. I hear his agent is even asking if he can be 5 minutes late to every meeting or cruz refuses to salsa after TDs.
    How is he "holding the organization up"?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  9. #19
    Because they can't make any definite plans for the draft since they're unsure if they'll have Cruz on board for 2014.

  10. #20
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    103,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Because they can't make any definite plans for the draft since they're unsure if they'll have Cruz on board for 2014.
    You don't think they already have their draft board?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts