+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Yes, but what should they be worried about? Not signing the long term deal is a possibility, so what? That's on Cruz if it happens, which I doubt. Not signing the tender really isn't probable since there are fines and the possibility of losing credit for the 2013 season. If he were to hold out, the fines after 20 days would exceed his salary for 2012 and he'd be an RFA in 2014.

Plus, they are now working with an agent who is respected and works well with Jerry Reese. He has the right to negotiate the best deal he can and there is no rush to do that right now. He has been talking to Eli and he also talked with TC.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ies-cruzs-risk
    Besides, Cruz has a way to minimize his risk. He can hold out until Week 10, sign the restricted free agency tender then, make $1.19 million for the balance of the year (which is much more than he has made in any one season during his career), and then become an unrestricted free agent in 2014 — or get more than $10 million under the franchise tag.
    There are several possibilities here. The simple fact that the status of one of the most important pieces of the offense is up in the air is enough for me to be slightly worried.

And personally, I don't see Condon's involvement as a positive at all. The guy negotiated the ridiculous Drew Brees contract. He's not going to budge.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ies-cruzs-risk

There are several possibilities here. The simple fact that the status of one of the most important pieces of the offense is up in the air is enough for me to be slightly worried.

And personally, I don't see Condon's involvement as a positive at all. The guy negotiated the ridiculous Drew Brees contract. He's not going to budge.
    Condon also represents Eli and Kiwanuka. He negotiated a "ridiculous" contract for Brees is what he gets paid to do. Did Brees leave the Saints?

You and I will just agree to disagree.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

You and I will just agree to disagree.
    Hah I guess so.

I just wish Cruz would sign so this can all be over. I'm sure we can at least agree on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Hah I guess so.

I just wish Cruz would sign so this can all be over. I'm sure we can at least agree on that.
    One day, in the not too distant future, Cruz is going to sign a long term deal, the media heads will explode all over the internet, and you and I will high five.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I don't think he can hold out and be a UFA in 2014. All of the indications are that this deal is gong to get done.
    unfortunately as long as he signs his tender by week 10 he indeed can and will be an UFA in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    unfortunately as long as he signs his tender by week 10 he indeed can and will be an UFA in 2014.
    Let's assume he can then. He will give up, arguably, $6M in compensation for that one year and lose whatever good will he has managed to build up with the fanbase (already eroding around here). If that is his strategy, which I doubt, he would be better off taking the three year deal on the table and then hitting UFA. If he's as good and durable as I think, he will still get at least one more lucrative deal.

So he stops holding out in week ten and what guarantee does he have that he will see the playing field for 6 games? By then, Randle may have replaced him permanently.

# 80

Let's assume he can then. He will give up, arguably, $6M in compensation for that one year and lose whatever good will he has managed to build up with the fanbase (already eroding around here). If that is his strategy, which I doubt, he would be better off taking the three year deal on the table and then hitting UFA. If he's as good and durable as I think, he will still get at least one more lucrative deal.

So he stops holding out in week ten and what guarantee does he have that he will see the playing field for 6 games? By then, Randle may have replaced him permanently.
    doesnt matter, he still with out a doubt cashes in. some team who is desperate for a WR will overpay knowing they don't have to surrender the 1st round draft pick as well, regardless of if he plays a lot or not. cruz is a special talent.

If he pulls a stunt like that and holds out until week 10 then I hope they cut him and go in a different direction.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    doesnt matter, he still with out a doubt cashes in. some team who is desperate for a WR will overpay knowing they don't have to surrender the 1st round draft pick as well, regardless of if he plays a lot or not. cruz is a special talent.
    Cruz is a special talent, but holding out and not playing would definitely affect his value. It's not going to happen.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by wayoutwest View Post
    If he pulls a stunt like that and holds out until week 10 then I hope they cut him and go in a different direction.
    You realize this is nothing more than fan conjecture, right?

# 80