+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Moore Pass Rush Needed.

DaMontre Moore a.k.a "Da Monster" will be the steal of the draft if he's there at 19. I don't see how this guys stock has fallen so far!! To me he's a top 6 talent with his ability to get to the QB (12.5 sacks) and relentless motor (85 total tackles 21 for loss!). I like him more than Werner and believe the Giants do to because he fits the 6'5 260lb prototype to a T. He's my pick at 19.

over rated...have seen a couple of his games, he had a couple nice moves to the QB, but something about him, he just seems like he may bust..

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    over rated...have seen a couple of his games, he had a couple nice moves to the QB, but something about him, he just seems like he may bust..
    That kind of production in the SEC seems like a bust? The dude had 21 sacks, 157 tackles, and 38.5 tackles for loss in his last 25 games. Production, check. Size, check. Motor, check. The only thing he can be knocked for was his bad combine but his game speed is great. He chases a RB down at the 30 second mark
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZdaYYF2S_g

I WANT to like him more but he just doesn't move around the corner all that well like some of the other DE prospects. He looked more explosive in 2011 when he was primarily standing up versus putting his hand in the dirt. He is only 20 years old though so he could make a fine developmental prospect for some team.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I WANT to like him more but he just doesn't move around the corner all that well like some of the other DE prospects. He looked more explosive in 2011 when he was primarily standing up versus putting his hand in the dirt. He is only 20 years old though so he could make a fine developmental prospect for some team.
    If he gets the job done then why does it matter what he looks like doing it? Production speaks for itself in my eyes, he's a beast passrusher.

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    If he gets the job done then why does it matter what he looks like doing it? Production speaks for itself in my eyes, he's a beast passrusher.
    A ton of his production comes from inside slants and when the QB holds on to the ball for an extended period of time. I'll give him credit for having a strong motor and good instincts but that might only get him so far. Really not sure how his production will look at the NFL level against better talent.

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    It matters, how is more important when the name of the game is how you translate. College production does not equal NFL success especially when grading pass rushers. Athletic ability is a big deal on the edge
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 03-30-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Banned
    Wouldn't be upset but they can do better at 19.

I have been a big fan of his because he does have a good motor and good tape vs good competition. But even if you put the bad combine aside there are reports I have read he also did not impress at all at his pro day. He blamed a "tweaked hamstring" for his poor performance in some positional drills and the fact that he did not rerun his 40 time.

I still like him, but he has fallen a bit in my estimation. He has failed to perform in any meaningful way this entire offseason.

Ive been keeping tabs on more since he was a freshman. I thought he was pretty underrated before the season as he wasnt on many Top 50's but during the season he became really overrated.I dont believe NFL Scouts ever thought Moore was a Top 10 pick and that was more of a media fabrication. He is more of a late 1st round early 2nd rd pick.