+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Corner pattern

  1. #11
    Veteran CowboysSuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    2,403
    Its tough to throw the fade (I think thats the route we are talking about). Especially with smaller(ish) WR's like Cruz, Nicks, Hixon, Randle. I mean it can be done, its just a lot easier to throw them to guys like Plax, Marshall, Johnson etc

    So I think Gilbride needs to just give it up, or figure it out.

  2. #12
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,316
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Its tough to throw the fade (I think thats the route we are talking about). Especially with smaller(ish) WR's like Cruz, Nicks, Hixon, Randle. I mean it can be done, its just a lot easier to throw them to guys like Plax, Marshall, Johnson etc

    So I think Gilbride needs to just give it up, or figure it out.
    Nicks is one of the best receivers in the NFL at catching the corner fade. It isn't how tall you are, it's how how tall you play.

  3. #13
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,089
    Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    I think you need to calm down. lol js
    plus 1. Just saying!!!
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Nicks is one of the best receivers in the NFL at catching the corner fade. It isn't how tall you are, it's how how tall you play.
    Nicks was like 0-5 on the season when he did it...
    We threw one to Randle for kicks and he actually got it.
    Dream Draft v1
    (Trade 12th overall pick for 20th and 52th overall picks)
    1. Cyrus Kouandjio, OT
    2. Kelvin Benjamin, WR
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE
    3. Josh Mauro, DE
    4. Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB
    5. Christian Kirksey, OLB
    6. Storm Johnson, RB

  5. #15
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    26,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Nicks was like 0-5 on the season when he did it...We threw one to Randle for kicks and he actually got it.
    Nicks was also suffering a foot and knee injury.
    Uh..go Giants?

  6. #16
    Sure but there's still no basis on saying Nicks is one of the best in corner fades if we have no evidence. Even if he was hurt that doesn't count as proof.
    Dream Draft v1
    (Trade 12th overall pick for 20th and 52th overall picks)
    1. Cyrus Kouandjio, OT
    2. Kelvin Benjamin, WR
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE
    3. Josh Mauro, DE
    4. Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB
    5. Christian Kirksey, OLB
    6. Storm Johnson, RB

  7. #17
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    26,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Sure but there's still no basis on saying Nicks is one of the best in corner fades if we have no evidence. Even if he was hurt that doesn't count as proof.
    Well he'a done it many times before.
    Uh..go Giants?

  8. #18
    Veteran CowboysSuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    2,403
    Bigger, more talented Wideouts are better at catching the fade. Its simple physics.

    Is Nicks good at it? Generally, I'd say hes slightly above average. But I dont remember him catching a single one last year, hurt or not this doesnt help his argument.

    I almost guarantee that if you take the top 30 WR in the league, there would be a strong correlation between fade routes completed and height. To think otherwise would be foolish
    Last edited by CowboysSuck; 03-31-2013 at 04:25 PM.

  9. #19
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    26,385
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Bigger, more talented Wideouts are better at catching the fade. Its simple physics.

    Is Nicks good at it? Generally, I'd say hes slightly above average. But I dont remember him catching a single one last year, hurt or not this doesnt help his argument.

    I almost guarantee that if you take the top 20 WR in the league, there would be a strong correlation between fade routes completed and height. To think otherwise would be foolish
    How are you supposed to execute a successful fade route if you have both foot and knee injuries on the same leg? That's not even close to fair. Not to mention they tried it 6 times in the same game, which is putting even more stress on the injured parts..
    Uh..go Giants?

  10. #20
    Veteran CowboysSuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    2,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    How are you supposed to execute a successful fade route if you have both foot and knee injuries on the same leg? That's not even close to fair. Not to mention they tried it 6 times in the same game, which is putting even more stress on the injured parts..
    I absolutely agree with you.

    So back to my original point: Either Gilbride should figure it out, or forget it.

    ...But Im not saying I believe height has nothing to do with it (because it certainly does)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts