+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corner pattern

They run the corner fade because it is one of the most difficult plays for a defender to make, and its incredibly rare to get a turnover off of it.

Difficult play for the receiver, yes, but its a relatively safe play to choose.

If you get anyone one on one on the corner you should probably throw to them. IF you dont have the confidence, get a new receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    I absolutely agree with you.

So back to my original point: Either Gilbride should figure it out, or forget it.

...But Im not saying I believe height has nothing to do with it (because it certainly does)
    Mhm.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Sure but there's still no basis on saying Nicks is one of the best in corner fades if we have no evidence. Even if he was hurt that doesn't count as proof.
    I assume you have watched a New York Giants game? Nicks was hampered by injuries this past year, but when he's healthy he's absolutely one of the best at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ici6dqkrZiM

Check that link at 2:09-2:24. Tell me again how Nicks isn't one of the best at catching fades.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Bigger, more talented Wideouts are better at catching the fade. Its simple physics.

Is Nicks good at it? Generally, I'd say hes slightly above average. But I dont remember him catching a single one last year, hurt or not this doesnt help his argument.

I almost guarantee that if you take the top 30 WR in the league, there would be a strong correlation between fade routes completed and height. To think otherwise would be foolish
    It's foolish physics. How many times did we run a fade with Barden while he was here? Playing big is more important than height. Nicks at just under 6'1" is far from short, he has great leaping ability and body control. He tracks the ball among the best in the league attacks it at its highest point. All those things are more important than height.

If by corner route you mean redzone fade, then it's simple why we run it so often: it's the best route in the redzone. You can only commit one player to the receiver, therein making it the safest throw. Add on top of that Eli's accuracy, and Nicks' ability -- when healthy -- to outman a corner, and it's a slam dunk play.

My guess is everyone would prefer throwing TE seams in congested zones, seven yards before the goal line.

Take into consideration what kind of options open up when this play can be successfully ran. If a receiver has the option, and a corner cheats, he can just run the slant. If the fade is designed to the Z receiver, and the defense commits a safety to him, the Y runs a seam and is likely to score.

Very important route to establish. This thread blows.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    If by corner route you mean redzone fade, then it's simple why we run it so often: it's the best route in the redzone. You can only commit one player to the receiver, therein making it the safest throw. Add on top of that Eli's accuracy, and Nicks' ability -- when healthy -- to outman a corner, and it's a slam dunk play.My guess is everyone would prefer throwing TE seams in congested zones, seven yards before the goal line.Take into consideration what kind of options open up when this play can be successfully ran. If a receiver has the option, and a corner cheats, he can just run the slant. If the fade is designed to the Z receiver, and the defense commits a safety to him, the Y runs a seam and is likely to score. Very important route to establish. This thread blows.
    Ok.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

If by corner route you mean redzone fade, then it's simple why we run it so often: it's the best route in the redzone. You can only commit one player to the receiver, therein making it the safest throw. Add on top of that Eli's accuracy, and Nicks' ability -- when healthy -- to outman a corner, and it's a slam dunk play.

My guess is everyone would prefer throwing TE seams in congested zones, seven yards before the goal line.

Take into consideration what kind of options open up when this play can be successfully ran. If a receiver has the option, and a corner cheats, he can just run the slant. If the fade is designed to the Z receiver, and the defense commits a safety to him, the Y runs a seam and is likely to score.

Very important route to establish. This thread blows.
    But, Nicks isn't 6'4", so he can't possibly run the fade well.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    But, Nicks isn't 6'4", so he can't possibly run the fade well.
    Height is advantageous, but if you Barden-blow, then it's pointless. Because of their physicality, Nicks and Boldin both excel in that pattern.

Height is advantageous, but if you Barden-blow, then it's pointless. Because of their physicality, Nicks and Boldin both excel in that pattern.
    Yup. Like I said earlier in the thread, it's isn't how big you are, it's how big you play.

+ Reply to Thread