+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NY Giants, Jerry Reese Follow No NFL Draft Trends; Expect The Unexpected

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    I agree, we do have some major holes on this team now. Reese has to make decisions with the hand that has been delt him by ownership. The Mara's have never been big spenders. Always profit first. Its not a hobby with them as it is with a lot of Billionaire owners.
    You can't be serious. How do we end up in CAP hell every year if we aren't big spenders? If profit was first, how is it they haven't raised the price of season tickets in four years.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I agree, we do have some major holes on this team now. Reese has to make decisions with the hand that has been delt him by ownership. The Mara's have never been big spenders. Always profit first. Its not a hobby with them as it is with a lot of Billionaire owners.

Holy mother of pearl. Wow! lol

Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    I fully expect the Giants to do what they for the most part always do. Select the player they consider to be the best on their board, at any position that has a need.
    i agree however the need right now is o-linemen. my mind says JR will go with o-line in the 1st round but my heart says he goes with d-end!

never too many pass rushers! JR is a smart guy so hopefully he will get some road graders in to help Eli and the running game.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Yep it has always been BPA with the Giants and they rarely will trade up or trade picks away
    It's more Best Value Available

Thats some crazy talk right there. They have no problem spending when neccessary. In fact, I think they've OVER spent a bit, which is why they have very little room under the cap. The Mara's are not the Glazers, who care much more about Man U than the Bucs.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    It's more Best Value Available
    Reese summed it up best when he said he would draft a player and then worry about where to play him.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You can't be serious. How do we end up in CAP hell every year if we aren't big spenders? If profit was first, how is it they haven't raised the price of season tickets in four years.
    Seriously. Jeeps post is just about as bad as that poor soul last night that thought our home jerseys were the whites.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Reese summed it up best when he said he would draft a player and then worry about where to play him.
    That's what he says, but if you take a look at the picks, they are great players that post a great value where we drafted them. Also, I've noticed that with the exception of Nicks in '09, most of our 1st round picks fill a need the following year.

Seriously. Jeeps post is just about as bad as that poor soul last night that thought our home jerseys were the whites.
    It always surprises me when a fan says the team doesn't spend money and/or is only profit driven. What team have they been following? We have had dozens of threads in the last month where the shrinking CAP has been the focal point of discussion. You don't get there without overspending.

I just couldn't understand the blue jersey thread

# 80

That's what he says, but if you take a look at the picks, they are great players that post a great value where we drafted them. Also, I've noticed that with the exception of Nicks in '09, most of our 1st round picks fill a need the following year.
    He is truly a master at the draft for the most part. Not 100% effective, but more right than wrong.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-31-2013 at 01:46 PM.

# 80

+ Reply to Thread