+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I kind of doubt JR would go with QB, if BPA, because of all the needs we have. Yet, if a top tier QB or WR fell to us at 19, you'd better believe JR would snap that up, or make a trade downward to some team willing to pay to move up! And it seems that's what always happens when we are drafting at 19 or there about. Someone falls who is too good to pass up, such as Amukamara. Trust in JR.
    That brings up interesting questions. When did we last trade a player or trade up or down in the draft?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

how can anybody say there are no glaring needs, we absolutely could not stop the run last season and if thats the only thing we fix this offseason we'll be a whole lot better team than last years. We didn't have much of a passrush either so that has to be the second thing IMO...

DT is a glaring need, but I don't think we look for run stuffing DT's. I think Cullen Jenkins is a temporary solution. RT is a need.

I'm looking for either o-line or d-line. Which means we will probably draft a kicker or something. I never get what I want, but I always trust JR.

I fully expect the Giants to do what they for the most part always do. Select the player they consider to be the best on their board, at any position that has a need.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That brings up interesting questions. When did we last trade a player or trade up or down in the draft?
    My guess is Ramses Barden.

Does coach Coughlin has a say on draft day?? Is he in the draft room with JR and company?

Quote Originally Posted by rxc999 View Post
    Does coach Coughlin has a say on draft day?? Is he in the draft room with JR and company?
    Yes, the coach offers input on players he'd like coach or who he feels fits with what he's trying to do but, the final say is the GM's. Yes also on coaches being in the war room on draft day. Coaches usually are the first or second person to talk to their draft picks after a player is drafted when the call is made to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I dont think they will get as good of value as they had last year with Cordy Glenn staring them in the face at 32. If they passed on him I dont see them taking a lesser prospect higher.

Disagree they dont have a glaring need i think the Dline is in serious trouble.
    I agree, we do have some major holes on this team now. Reese has to make decisions with the hand that has been delt him by ownership. The Mara's have never been big spenders. Always profit first. Its not a hobby with them as it is with a lot of Billionaire owners.
    Giants fan since '58

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    My guess is Ramses Barden.
    And look how well that worked out
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1