+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NY Giants, Jerry Reese Follow No NFL Draft Trends; Expect The Unexpected

Quote Originally Posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
    He's very tall also.
    I think 6'6" right? But he can still get low for leverage. He did that well in the Senior bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by keyofgmen View Post
    I think 6'6" right? But he can still get low for leverage. He did that well in the Senior bowl.
    Yep. Beast pretty much sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    THAT is the icing on the cake
    Yes. Not much more you could ask for.

Im sure the pick involves a combination of BPA and need.

A simple algorithm perhaps..... BPA x .6 + Team Need x .4 =? (player with the highest total ends up being the pick)

If Reese and co have the BPA listed as 1-200, 200 being "best" and Team Need listed 1-10 as 10 being "best", this is a simple way to calculate the effectiveness of the draft pick.

obviously in this example, BPA is weight 60% and Team Need 40%. What these percentages really are is up for debate.

or it could be the BPA weighted by a "team need factor". For example, if the FO has 200 players ranked it simply becomes (BPA)x(team need factor) where team need factor can be weighted accordingly each year
    Last edited by CowboysSuck; 03-31-2013 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
    Yes. Not much more you could ask for.
    We should trade up and offer three picks
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We should trade up and offer three picks
    I enthusiastically agree.

Quote Originally Posted by keyofgmen View Post
    Because there is no "glaring need", OL will be the 1st and WISE pick.
    lol, we all know that OL and LB are glaring needs. JR isn't going to telegraph that to his competition.
    No one remembers who came in second.

McScrub could be the guy we've been waiting for so long to finally replace Jonas Seawright. Guys like that just don't come around every year.
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.

It really seems that the Giants pick their guy well ahead of time and only change that pick if somebody falls way down to them. I can think of several picks that a lot of the experts believed they could have gotten the same guy a round later. I guess their BPA isn't always everybody else's BPA.

Hopefully this means no DUI Ogletree... since that's what all the experts seem to be expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

+ Reply to Thread