+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Didn't he mention specifically the trenches? So both lines need to be better but the DL needs more help than the OL.
    He did mention both lines.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I'd be highly surprised if DE isn't one of our first two picks.

While I wish they would invest in the oline LBers a little more (our two softest areas currently imo) Reese doesn't have a history of prioritizing either of those positions. Hopefully one of those is the other of our first two picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I'd be highly surprised if DE isn't one of our first two picks.

While I wish they would invest in the oline LBers a little more (our two softest areas currently imo) Reese doesn't have a history of prioritizing either of those positions. Hopefully one of those is the other of our first two picks.
    It does make our draft an adventure
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It does make our draft an adventure
    I don't think Reese is all that hard to figure out ... at least in what he's targeting position wise.

The exact player is a different story.

All-Pro
    The OL is far from being the OL of 2008, but they where better last year than the year before. Having Nicks hurt all year, losing Manningham, and having Eli not play as well as the year before hurt the offense last year. If they stay healthy and Eli gets back on track this year they are capable of being very good on offense. The defense is in need of players.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It always surprises me when a fan says the team doesn't spend money and/or is only profit driven. What team have they been following? We have had dozens of threads in the last month where the shrinking CAP has been the focal point of discussion. You don't get there without overspending.

I just couldn't understand the blue jersey thread
    but you might get there by paying too much money to a few players and not have enough for the rest of the team and have to cut them,I know its the nature of the business but it is one way to get into cap hell...

Quick quiz, to everyone who thinks Reese has made DE a priority since he took over... How many DEs has he drafted?

For comparison, he has drafted 8 LBs.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Quick quiz, to everyone who thinks Reese has made DE a priority since he took over... How many DEs has he drafted?

My guess is two. JPP and Adrian Tracy.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post

Think it was 2 or 3? JPP, Tracy (though I think he was a LB), and there was that one guy in 2008 whose name eludes me.

If anything, Reese loves the WR position more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    My guess is two. JPP and Adrian Tracy.
    Tracy was drafted to play LB.