+ Reply to Thread

Facing a draft with the following big questions

1) Is Webster washed up?
    2) Is Tuck washed up?
    3) Is Snee washed up?
    4) Is Marvin Austin a player?
    5) Is James Brewer a player?
    6) What quality do we have at LB and safety?

1-3. No, but they are certainly not the players they were.
    4-5. No
    6. Same as last year, minus KP and Blackburn and plus Connor.

Now, on to the draft!
    Last edited by TCHOF; 03-31-2013 at 08:06 PM.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    1-3. No, but they are certainly not the players they were.4-5. No6. Same as last year, minus KP and Blackburn and plus Connor.
    +1

I don't think Snee, Webster, and Tuck are washed up; however, they did not play at an elite level last year and I think they can play better (injuries etc were tough for Snee...)

Marvin Austin will have this year to demonstrate he is, didn't see much last year, but you have to wonder how much his back issue held him up. In my mind jury is still out on this kid.

Brewer is an enigma right now as he hasn't really played that much; however, we did start to see him as the TE in the short yardage packages last year which in my mind says they see at least something. Jury is still out but I'm hopeful that he pans out.

Rivers can be very good, JWill can play and is likely the best cover LB we have, Paysinger has talent and more experience under his belt, Connor I think is better all around than Blackburn was last year. I think with Kiwi moving back to DE the weak link is our SAM position, either we fill that with a high draft pick or we find us a great DE and keep kiwi at SAM. But in general I think we are slightly better at LB this year.

Quote Originally Posted by hugehomer View Post
    1) Is Webster washed up?
    2) Is Tuck washed up?
    3) Is Snee washed up?
    4) Is Marvin Austin a player?
    5) Is James Brewer a player?
    6) What quality do we have at LB and safety?
    1. I dont think so but his days of being the Giants best CB are over and arent returning
    2. I think so. Years of injuries have left their mark. Still a good run defender but the ALL Pro days are over
    3. Snee is puzzling because in Guard terms he really isnt that old at 31. Optimistic he can regain close to his old form
    4. Austins snaps were painful 2 years out of football did him in.
    5. To be continued
    6. Hopefully Jacquain Williams injuries last year dont turn into an every year thing. He is talented enough to be an effective starter. Dan Conner is a stopgap that I expect will get more overrated then Blackburn on these boards. Rivers just got hurt while I typed this post. Giants are a body short I think at safety. im not ready to say Will Hill and Brown are a good enough combo. Rolle is 1 of the worst contracts on the team

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Im hoping this is Austin's year. If not, we need to rid him. Tuck I dont feel is washed up as much as the other guys, but they all need to prove themselves after the turmoil of a year we jus suffered.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson