+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's a slow night with most people watching Duke and Louisville.........

I know what you are going through. When my mother got sick, coming to this board actually helped me take my mind off things for at least brief periods of time. I know it kind of sounds rediculous, but shifting your focus for however long actually helps a little. Hope it does the same for you and your family. God bless!

Lots of Karma to you and yours..from me and mine.

All-Pro
    Sorry Jomo ...its never easy hang in there

Hey Jomo...Family love and loss...may it bind you all closer together...Sorry.

From my family to yours, I hope she finds peace and that the eventually struggle with loss leads to happy thoughts of good times and great memories.

Jomo, May God be with you and your family.

Thank you all so much. Words just don't express the grattitude I am feeling for such support.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Thanks friend. It is most difficult on my wife who has to deal with all the family issues and the impending loss of her mom. We'll pull together as families do. Mostly wanted to share my mother in law's passion for the Big Blue. Thoughts of that make me smile!
    It puts a smile on my face as well as softness in my heart for the dear lady. Prayers and love to you, jomo, and your loved ones.

She passed away peacefully last night around 3 am.
    We will bury her with my father-in-law early next week.
    The family had sufficient time to say their goodbys and reconcile what was inevitable. It is all good now though the void will remain.

I only posted here originally because she was such a huge Giants fan and it was one of the many joys we shared within the family. I told RF that she spent her final days with 3 blankets on her to keep the chill down. The one closest to her body was a New York Giants one that she has had for years. The nurse, who is an Eagles fan told her "you've got style grandma."

I have been overwhelmed by all of your prayers and kind show of support. I wish I had the words to offer a proper thank-you.

Now, grandma would hate all the fuss over her and would want us all to get back to our families and some normalcy as quickly as possible.
    In her memory,
    Go grandma, Go Blue!!
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    .............so I won't feel guilty taking this thread in a different direction.

My mother in law is living out her final day or days right now. When my wife brought me home the first time, I remember being taken by her passion for the Giants. It made my wife even more attractive to me. She is such a huge Eli Manning fan but never backed away from criticizing him or anyone who had a bad game.

I am going to miss her but will hold her love of the Giants and our family close to me forever.

Go Grandma!
    Go Blue!!
    Dude My Heart goes out to you. Always tough when you lose a loved one no matter what the circumstances, weather you have know it was coming for a long time or it being surprise its not easy to deal with. My Dad passed right in the middle of the giants playoff run in 07. He was alive for the TB and Dallas wins and passed just prior to the GB NFCCG. I still say there was divine intervention going on when that pass went right to Web from Farve and then the FG that sent us to the SB was so far wide right starting out I thought it was a miss for sure. Then it seemed like someone from above just guided it through the goalposts. Then in the SB I don't have to tell you about the Eli to Tyree play. I think everyone would agree there was some guidance from above on that one... Anyway my mom was also a Giants fan but not as DIEHARD as my dad. She was more into the UCONN Girls BB Team. Never missed a game up till she passed away in her mid 80s. She was WILD watching game yelling at the TV...funny. I will say a prayer for you and your wife and family. Lets hope the GMEN can pull it off this season to make it a little easier for you and give you something to take your mind of the situation
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

+ Reply to Thread