+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmen2005 View Post
    I pray to god this year we can stay healthy. I'd love to see what this unit can do at full strength.
    Me too... if the freak injuries to Locklear and Andre hadn't happened, we could have made a decent playoff run, just by having something to ram down an enemy defense in the run game.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    On paper.......we will see how it plays out.
    Like how great the Dline was going to be

Quote Originally Posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post
    Hard to argue with that list. But nothing is written in stone.

By the looks of it, this is also the most undersized offense we've had in years.
    Not a big deal when Defenses arent allowed to hit players anymore. You used to not want midget quick receivers going across the middle because they would get hurt. Now the safeties and LB's are neutered its all about speed and quickness

Quote Originally Posted by EliManningUp View Post
    Interesting that nobody has brought this up.....

Giants will enter 2013 with the following skill position players

QB - Eli Manning

RB - David Wilson / Andre Brown

WR - Hakeem Nicks / Victor Cruz / Rueben Randle / Louis Murphy

TE - Brandon Myers / Adrien Robinson

You can't name a single year in this team's history with a more complete set of weapons on offense.

You've got a franchise QB in his prime, an explosive speed back, a downhill power back, FOUR deep threats at WR (one of which is the most dynamic slot receiver), a reliable sure-handed TE who works the zones, and a big athletic "blocking" TE (for now). Even the 4 WRs offer different skill sets that compliment each other well (Nicks/Randle run the entire route tree on the outside, Cruz in the slot, Murphy as the "knife")

It's not a stretch at all to say we should average 31-33 points a game this season. In fact we should lead the league in points per game. Look around the NFL. Who has better offensive skill players than us?
    They were second in points per drive last year at 2.41 but only Seattle had less drives. If the defense could get off the field once in a while and not allow other teams to march up and down the field on them the offense would make this team nearly impossible to stop.

I still think that the passing game will not be as efficient this year as previous years due to Bradshaws departure. He was a vital part of pass protection and that is one of Wilson's shortcomings. Maybe Brown or Hightower adopts that role this season.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats

I found this data to tell a different side of the story when it comes to ranking offensive and defensive units on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by EliManningUp View Post
    Interesting that nobody has brought this up.....Giants will enter 2013 with the following skill position playersQB - Eli ManningRB - David Wilson / Andre BrownWR - Hakeem Nicks / Victor Cruz / Rueben Randle / Louis MurphyTE - Brandon Myers / Adrien RobinsonYou can't name a single year in this team's history with a more complete set of weapons on offense.You've got a franchise QB in his prime, an explosive speed back, a downhill power back, FOUR deep threats at WR (one of which is the most dynamic slot receiver), a reliable sure-handed TE who works the zones, and a big athletic "blocking" TE (for now). Even the 4 WRs offer different skill sets that compliment each other well (Nicks/Randle run the entire route tree on the outside, Cruz in the slot, Murphy as the "knife")It's not a stretch at all to say we should average 31-33 points a game this season. In fact we should lead the league in points per game. Look around the NFL. Who has better offensive skill players than us?
    Don't forget FB Hynoski. TE Pascoe, and a third backup running back. Gonna be beast this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    With Harris and Taylor IR's and it looking like we will keep only 2 QB's, we have some roster spots to work with.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    I think the talent is there. Just hope they are used correctly. My biggest worry is no changes on the line. I hope the off season shows changes on the line. Still hoping some younger guys can step up.

that really is damn impressive and should scare the **** out of other teams. Randle has the potential to be a #1, Cruz practically is a 1, and Nicks is our 1. Murphy is going to have a career year facing the coverages he'll see. Meyers makes more sense now that we need an underneath safety valve, he got like 80 catches doing that last yr.

Ive been saying Wilson will be a top 5 rb and i think this season springboards a long, successful career. AB2 is going to continue that press the hole, get skinny, get thru to the 2nd level style of running...

My only wish/concern is the OL. If we can add a Warmack/Cooper/L.Johnson/Barrett Jones even, we can sure up the OL and then its really lights out. All the skilled players in the world dont mean a thing if the qb cant get them the ball. we can still be beaten with a so so OL, we should make the OL a strength now, not a weakness...only offensive picks this draft should be OL

Minus Cruz, he's not taking the giants offer, let's trade him.

Veteran
    I saw Louis Murphy at Carolina. He can not run pass patterns. If the QB needs time, he does not look for options.

Veteran
    Not better than 1985.