+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Giants' Tight End Brandon Myers Makes NFL.com's All-Underrated Team

  1. #11
    nice.. I have high hopes for Myers this season..

  2. #12
    Just remember, Myers had 800 yards in that black hole that is Oakland. With Mike Pope coaching him he could easily be a top 10 TE, not to mention Pope will get him up to speed in blocking in short order (probably that's what he's going to be working on the most during the offseason)...


    Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

  3. #13
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    25,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Just remember, Myers had 800 yards in that black hole that is Oakland. With Mike Pope coaching him he could easily be a top 10 TE, not to mention Pope will get him up to speed in blocking in short order (probably that's what he's going to be working on the most during the offseason)...
    He wont need to put up 800 yards with the Gmen. They dont use the TE's as a main weapon.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  4. #14
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,467
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    He wont need to put up 800 yards with the Gmen. They dont use the TE's as a main weapon.
    But he could put up 800... I think he will have similar numbers to Bennett. 50-60 catches, 700-800 yards, 5-7 TDs.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    He wont need to put up 800 yards with the Gmen. They dont use the TE's as a main weapon.
    They tried to last year, Bennett was very active in the pass attack.

    Still, I can't recall a tight end getting anywhere near 800 in this generation; most of the time they seem to top out at around 5-600. I think Shockey may have hit 700.

  6. #16
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    They tried to last year, Bennett was very active in the pass attack.

    Still, I can't recall a tight end getting anywhere near 800 in this generation; most of the time they seem to top out at around 5-600. I think Shockey may have hit 700.
    Shockey had 894 yards his rookie year. 891 in 2005 too.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Shockey had 894 yards his rookie year. 891 in 2005 too.
    I meant under Coughlin/Eli, but 05 still counts.

    It'll be interesting to see how they use Myers, he's a break from the norm at the position,

  8. #18
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I meant under Coughlin/Eli, but 05 still counts.

    It'll be interesting to see how they use Myers, he's a break from the norm at the position,
    Why go to the TE as much when you have guys like Plax/Toomer/Smith and Nicks/Cruz/Manningham/Randle? That is why they use TEs to block more. We are strong at the WR spot right now.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

  9. #19
    Its all about options. The more good skill position players you have on the field the better chance of a positive play happening. That's why you want to have a good TE threat on the field at all times. It isn't all about blocking.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    That is why they use TEs to block more. We are strong at the WR spot right now.
    Which is why the Myers pickup was surprising. He doesn't fit the mold of a typical Giants tight end. At least not yet.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts