+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giants' Tight End Brandon Myers Makes NFL.com's All-Underrated Team

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Which is why the Myers pickup was surprising. He doesn't fit the mold of a typical Giants tight end. At least not yet.
    I have confidence in Mike Pope. If he can make Jake Ballard a good TE, he can do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

They tried to last year, Bennett was very active in the pass attack.

Still, I can't recall a tight end getting anywhere near 800 in this generation; most of the time they seem to top out at around 5-600. I think Shockey may have hit 700.
    he wasnt a main target and they did not try to make him one. The Giants main catchers are and have been the WRs in the Eli era.
    I like Myers but he wont have to be an 800 yard TE....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    he wasnt a main target and they did not try to make him one. The Giants main catchers are and have been the WRs in the Eli era.
    Bennett was the third most targeted Giant last year.

Bennett was the third most targeted Giant last year.
    Behind Nicks and Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Behind Nicks and Cruz.
    Of course. Third is still significant, though. Ballard and Boss weren't looked at nearly as much.

Also, the difference between Nicks and Bennett was ten targets. Not much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Just remember, Myers had 800 yards in that black hole that is Oakland. With Mike Pope coaching him he could easily be a top 10 TE, not to mention Pope will get him up to speed in blocking in short order (probably that's what he's going to be working on the most during the offseason)...
    Just remember, here, tight ends are linemen first no matter what.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I think the shoulder injury he played with all season was a huge factor in his blocking, I think he will be much better this year.

Which is why the Myers pickup was surprising. He doesn't fit the mold of a typical Giants tight end. At least not yet.
    Mike Pope will fix his blocking shortcomings
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Giants dont use a TE in the passing game but somehow Bennett managed 90 Targets

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Giants dont use a TE in the passing game but somehow Bennett managed 90 Targets
    Yeah but was that because of Nicks being hurt and them not having a reliable 3rd option at WR?

+ Reply to Thread