+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Next Richard Sherman?

This link shows Richard Sherman against the then freshman, Robert Woods. I counted 5 catches for 65 yards and 2 TD in man against Sherman. He also juked out Sherman in his zone for a 50+ yard TD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGDr-e3E_iE

HOW the **** did Sherman become an all pro?? lol

This makes me look at David Amerson, a guy who has gotten his fair share of burns, but has excellent ball skills and length (5/8" longer arms than Sherman) for the cb position. He tested phenomenally at the combine and it's definitely a position of need. Also you gotta think he could easily make the switch to safety if need be. After seeing the above video, would you take a chance on Amerson in the 2nd?
    Last edited by WiIdcat; 04-01-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    If Rhodes is gone in the first, I think there are enough solid mid-round cb's to wait to rounds 3-5. Id rather fill another need at 49th overall. That said, Id trust in JR if that was his guy.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    If Rhodes is gone in the first, I think there are enough solid mid-round cb's to wait to rounds 3-5. Id rather fill another need at 49th overall. That said, Id trust in JR if that was his guy.
    Although theres decent CB depth....Webster's better days are behind him, Id prefer picking a CB 1-3, anything from the 4th & on theres a very good chance of picking up another waste of space...

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    anything from the 4th & on theres a very good chance of picking up another waste of space...
    True for most positions but especially for CBs

Amerson would be a terrible safety. He can't tackle and he takes some of the worst angles I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Amerson would be a terrible safety. He can't tackle and he takes some of the worst angles I've ever seen.
    The whole point of this thread though was to show how bad Sherman looked yet he's an all pro. Amerson could have that potential with his ball skills.

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    The whole point of this thread though was to show how bad Sherman looked yet he's an all pro. Amerson could have that potential with his ball skills.
    Well I watched that video and the most noticeable thing right away is how they are using Sherman. He doesn't press at the line at all. That's why he's so good in the nfl, he mugs guys all over the field.

A lot of those catches simply were not Sherman's fault.

And as for his tackling, Sherman looks like a WR on the field. Which is what he was
    Last edited by slipknottin; 04-01-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Well I watched that video and the most noticeable thing right away is how they are using Sherman. He doesn't press at the line at all. That's why he's so good in the nfl, he mugs guys all over the field.

A lot of those catches simply were not Sherman's fault.

And as for his tackling, Sherman looks like a WR on the field. Which is what he was
    Isn't that the same way they played Amerson though?

First off just want to say I've always liked Robert Woods and think he's a majorly underrated in this years draft (according to mocks and analysts I've read).

On the subject of Amerson, I really don't like his style. As already mentioned he takes horrible angles, plays too loose and takes way too many chances. IMO He's the guy that relies too much on his natural ability than overall technique. His gamble sometimes pays off but that's not the type of corner that gives a team security in a CB locking down his side of the field.

Amerson could go on to have a great career and prove me wrong but he's not a guy at the moment I'm feeling too good about. Especially in the range he's being projected at in the 2nd round. He's a pass for me.

On the subject of Richard Sherman....Adderall is a hell of a drug. (lol...just kidding)