+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Next Richard Sherman?

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    First off just want to say I've always liked Robert Woods and think he's a majorly underrated in this years draft (according to mocks and analysts I've read).

On the subject of Amerson, I really don't like his style. As already mentioned he takes horrible angles, plays too loose and takes way too many chances. IMO He's the guy that relies too much on his natural ability than overall technique. His gamble sometimes pays off but that's not the type of corner that gives a team security in a CB locking down his side of the field.

Amerson could go on to have a great career and prove me wrong but he's not a guy at the moment I'm feeling too good about. Especially in the range he's being projected at in the 2nd round. He's a pass for me.
    Speaking of Woods, wasnt he talked up as a Top 15 talent about a year ago?

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Isn't that the same way they played Amerson though?
    You are asking for different things. Press CB is a totally different skill set than a safety.

Sherman would not be a good safety at all.

Amerson's skill set is that of an off corner, but he is likely too aggressive and easily beaten on double moves to play their in the NFL. And he does not have the tackling and ability to take sound angles that would let him play safety.

Its the tweener type guys like Amerson or Mathieu that dont have one specific skill set that you can rely on that fall in the draft because they are basically unknowns. Same reason Sherman went in the 5th round.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 04-01-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Sherman was never a solid change of direction CB which is common for guys his size. You can even see how aggressive he can be in receivers' routes. It works in Seattle, not in Stanford.

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Almost all USC players were higher prior to his past season starting.

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Yeah....A lot of people had him in thier top 10 before last year. Marqise Lee became the focal point of the SC offense this year and Woods' production went down. I watched nearly all the Southern Cal games and Barkley stared down Lee for a good portion of the games. Woods was open a lot but just didn't get the looks or targets.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Yeah....A lot of people had him in thier top 10 before last year. Marqise Lee became the focal point of the SC offense this year and Woods' production went down. I watched nearly all the Southern Cal games and Barkley stared down Lee for a good portion of the games. Woods was open a lot but just didn't get the looks or targets.
    Woods is a damn good receiver, I still think the comparison to Reggie Wayne is a good one.

Lee is an absolute freak though, and overshadowed Woods

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Woods is a damn good receiver, I still think the comparison to Reggie Wayne is a good one.

Lee is an absolute freak though, and overshadowed Woods
    I think Barkley's lack of efficiency lead to him targeting Lee more because he was the more explosive of the two. Barkley would make bad reads and decisions and look to make up for it up by targeting Lee on the big play. Not that Woods is not explosive either cause he's dangerous after the catch too but yeah....Lee is definitely special.

+ Reply to Thread