+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    I don't know how someone can write this then claim to actually watch the games. But I guess it's good entertainment value.
    In fairness, I watched the games, and I thought Tank was everybit as good s Werner, and had it not been for the ACL injury he would've blew Werner out in the pre-draft physical testing and most likely would've been selected ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Tank being that impressive because Werner is the one drawing the double teams doesn't figure into your equation at all eh?

Or that Werner has better stats than Carradine WHILE being double teamed?

Ok.
    Werner doesn't have better stats then Tank, far from it in fact. Tank doubled Werners tackle production (80>42) despite playing 2 less games

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Werner doesn't have better stats then Tank, far from it in fact. Tank doubled Werners tackle production (80>42) despite playing 2 less games
    But had less sacks while being singled on the weak side.

Tank was far more consistent as a pass rusher then Werner. Werner was feast or feminine for the most part who padded his stats with a 4 sack performance against Murray state. Also I'm not buying this double team werner, single Tank argument, I'm going to go back to the tape on that one

Quote Originally Posted by EliManningUp View Post
    Werner is not impressive at all. He has no special qualities. He's not fast, quick, explosive, or strong. If he doesn't win early with his pass-rush, he gets stalemated. He's one of those "try hard" football players who is a better college player than NFL player. NFL tackles will abuse this guy.

His physical traits and ability isn't even close to Tank if you watch the tape. Tank is a monster - a much more polished version of JPP coming out of college.

Why take the 2nd best DE on his own team at 19? Wouldn't that leave a bad taste in your mouth?
    He abused Lane Johnson in 2011 is he going to be an NFL tackle
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-02-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Werner got all of his sacks without the aid of blitzing. All were 4 man fronts. Tank may end up being the better NFL player but with drafting a player that hasnt played since he had a knee injury is a huge risk
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-02-2013 at 12:06 PM.

So why doesn't Werner get sacks on blitzes?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBeatsU View Post
    So why doesn't Werner get sacks on blitzes?
    FSU didnt blitz much, they didnt have to with their defensive front. Even with the loss of Jenkins and Carradine they have some good beef up there. When they did blitz, it was typically designed for the blitzer to get the sack.

I will say right now, next year Timmy Jernigan will be highly talked about, assuming he comes out, which is an almost certainty. He is a difference maker at the defensive tackle position for FSU.

There both quality DE's worthy of 1st rd picks in my opinion.. How can anyone doubt Tank and Bjorn, when both were completely dominant? The tape dosen't lie? Werner was one of the most versatile and disruptive ends in the country!! What more do u want? The guy was a key componet in Fla St leading the country in yards per play at 3.86.. Hes a big play waiting to happen, as he lead the nation in yards accumulated on tackles behind the line(134yrds), and only one player in storied traditon of FLA ST had more sacks in there first 3yrs and that was Peter Boulware... 35TFL, 23.5sacks, 18passes defensed, 3FF, 2Fumb recoveries, in only 3 seasons at FSU..

The tape don't lie..lol The tape shows one of the best players in FSU history, as far as pass rusher goes, and he didn't even play 4yrs there..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    There both quality DE's worthy of 1st rd picks in my opinion.. How can anyone doubt Tank and Bjorn, when both were completely dominant? The tape dosen't lie? Werner was one of the most versatile and disruptive ends in the country!! What more do u want? The guy was a key componet in Fla St leading the country in yards per play at 3.86.. Hes a big play waiting to happen, as he lead the nation in yards accumulated on tackles behind the line(134yrds), and only one player in storied traditon of FLA ST had more sacks in there first 3yrs and that was Peter Boulware... 35TFL, 23.5sacks, 18passes defensed, 3FF, 2Fumb recoveries, in only 3 seasons at FSU..

The tape don't lie..lol The tape shows one of the best players in FSU history, as far as pass rusher goes, and he didn't even play 4yrs there..
    This----^

another thing, if you are going to say "the tape doesnt lie", you should prolly provide tape to back up your statement.

Lastly, and this is coming from a guy who likes both prospects and wouldnt be upset with either, but there is zero argument about which DE garnered more attention from opposing offenses. Werner was double teamed WAY more than Carradine when they were both on the field at the same time. Offenses routinely dedicated a TE and a tackle to Werner, being the LDE, whereas Carradine usually was 1v1 vs a tackle.

I do think Tank has a higher upside than Werner. But Right now Werner is a better player, with better instincts. He has way better technique and far better use of hands. On top of that he has a much better arsinal of passrushing moves. Tank beats guys by sheer overpowering strength and leverage, He ragdolls guys then discards. But he will need to develope more than that in the NFL. There is never a guarantee a player will learn technique.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 04-02-2013 at 06:26 PM.