+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EliManningUp View Post
    Werner is not impressive at all. He has no special qualities. He's not fast, quick, explosive, or strong. If he doesn't win early with his pass-rush, he gets stalemated. He's one of those "try hard" football players who is a better college player than NFL player. NFL tackles will abuse this guy.

His physical traits and ability isn't even close to Tank if you watch the tape. Tank is a monster - a much more polished version of JPP coming out of college.

Why take the 2nd best DE on his own team at 19? Wouldn't that leave a bad taste in your mouth?
    werner's knees>carradine's knees,,,,the tape doesn't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    This----^

another thing, if you are going to say "the tape doesnt lie", you should prolly provide tape to back up your statement.

Lastly, and this is coming from a guy who likes both prospects and wouldnt be upset with either, but there is zero argument about which DE garnered more attention from opposing offenses. Werner was double teamed WAY more than Carradine when they were both on the field at the same time. Offenses routinely dedicated a TE and a tackle to Werner, being the LDE, whereas Carradine usually was 1v1 vs a tackle.

I do think Tank has a higher upside than Werner. But Right now Werner is a better player, with better instincts. He has way better technique and far better use of hands. On top of that he has a much better arsinal of passrushing moves. Tank beats guys by sheer overpowering strength and leverage, He ragdolls guys then discards. But he will need to develope more than that in the NFL. There is never a guarantee a player will learn technique.
    Ya, Werner would be a dream 1st rd pick.. To do what he did with all the ex attention is something.. To do what he did at FLA St being such a raw football player is remarkable.. Obviously, this guy gets the game, and understands DE to a tee, and u would have to think, the more he learns and absorbs(like a sponge), the better he'll get.. I honestly coulden't imagine anyone not thinking this guy would be not only one of the best value players and BPA at 19, but also one of the best picks we could have in RD 1 period! With Tuck aging, and Kiwi getting up there, its almost a match made in heaven, with Werner being opposite JPP for a decade...

Sometimes i think its just simply to easy to pick the best situation for the giants and thats just not fun to some as far as mocking and being diffrent, but there is no question nor debate in my opinion, that this guy is simply the best we could do this yr as far as RD1.. There is no better upside , postional value(as far as team need), and overall charechter and motor then Bjorn Werener...

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    werner's knees>carradine's knees,,,,the tape doesn't lie.
    Cool story bro. Carradine is still better when healthy.
    Dream Draft v1
    (Trade 12th overall pick for 20th and 52th overall picks)
    1. Cyrus Kouandjio, OT
    2. Kelvin Benjamin, WR
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE
    3. Josh Mauro, DE
    4. Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB
    5. Christian Kirksey, OLB
    6. Storm Johnson, RB

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Werner got all of his sacks without the aid of blitzing. All were 4 man fronts. Tank may end up being the better NFL player but with drafting a player that hasnt played since he had a knee injury is a huge risk
    Werner had more sacks, while being doubled more than Carradine.

That was my counterpoint to the Carradine love. And Werner did it from the strong side (which is what we really need to replace). Add to that the injury concerns of Carradine and I don't think it's even a contest, if both are available to us.

Werner > Carradine at this moment for the Giants.

That's not to say that Carradine isn't a fine player and / or will be a great player in the NFL. Just that he currently doesn't have the upside that Werner does in my mind. Of course chances are that Werner is taken before we pick and Carradine will be available soooooo .....

I think its 100pct the giants pick Bjorn Werner if hes on the board at 19.. I honestly don't think its even a debate....

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I think its 100pct the giants pick Bjorn Werner if hes on the board at 19.. I honestly don't think its even a debate....
    Not sure ... with all the talk of JPP being moved to the strong side now.

I wonder how much of that kind of stuff that hits the media is draft day smoke screens.

But yeah it would be hard seeing the Giants pass him up.

I agree.

Whose going to be the better pro, Werner or Okafor?

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Whose going to be the better pro, Werner or Okafor?
    I like Okafor but from what I've seen of Werner I'd say Werner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I like Okafor but from what I've seen of Werner I'd say Werner.
    I think Okafor will be the better pass rusher. Werner is really quit ordinary in a lot of ways and I don't see a great pass rusher at the next level (I don't think the scouts do either, considering his stock has cooled over the past few months)