+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    It was a privilege seeing how that defense went after the QB and how they stopped the run. They played with a mean streak and with reckless abandon. Only God knows how much I miss those days of glory.
    +1. For younger fans who never saw the Giants of the '80s play, they'd probably think that we were exaggerating when talking about those guys, but they lived up to the hype.

I appreciate and respect the recent Giants teams that won SB's 42 & 46, but they don't have what the teams of the 80's had and that is an absolute hatred of losing -- their personality really did match that of Parcells. Execution was excellent and they played with a disciplined intensity -- always up for a game and no stupid penalties. The O was very efficient with Simms, Bavaro, Manuel, a great running game and o-line, and just that ferocious D that made it enjoyable to sit back and watch opposing O's knock their heads against and lose. Man, I really miss the 3-4 D.

Great day to be a Giants fan.

Yikes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post

Great day to be a Giants fan.
    Ah Kiwanuka

The Mario Manningham catch was amazing!!!!!!!!!!

the looks on Belicheats face was priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    +1. For younger fans who never saw the Giants of the '80s play, they'd probably think that we were exaggerating when talking about those guys, but they lived up to the hype.

I appreciate and respect the recent Giants teams that won SB's 42 & 46, but they don't have what the teams of the 80's had and that is an absolute hatred of losing -- their personality really did match that of Parcells. Execution was excellent and they played with a disciplined intensity -- always up for a game and no stupid penalties. The O was very efficient with Simms, Bavaro, Manuel, a great running game and o-line, and just that ferocious D that made it enjoyable to sit back and watch opposing O's knock their heads against and lose. Man, I really miss the 3-4 D.
    That '86 defense was a wrecking ball machine, if memory serves me well 8 or 9 QBS went down againts those guys.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.