Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone worry that Nicks...

Anyone worry that Nicks...

Will have a huuuge season and demand even more money than he would get right now? Haha obviously i wouldnt be disappointed. Love watchin a healthy Nicks play

Not too worried about Nicks. He will likely sit a couple games if history tells us anything. That, compounded with 2 other premier wideouts in Cruz and Randle should keep his numbers below a Megatronable salary

My main worry is this happening to Wilson. I think if wilson gets most of the snaps (85% or so), he will have a blockbuster, break-out year.

Therefore, we should most definitely have a healthy 50/50 or 60/40 split going on all year. We don't want Brown or Wilson running for 1,500 yards and 12 TD's. I think the Giants are actually conscious of this stuff to a degree; they must be.
    Last edited by CowboysSuck; 04-01-2013 at 09:52 PM.

never worried about a player having a huge season. Thats what you want.....deal with the $$ later
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran
    I expect the same Nicks from 2011

Only on Tuesdays. On Mondays I worry about winning the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    never worried about a player having a huge season. Thats what you want.....deal with the $$ later
    I agree with you, but I feel the FO may think otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Not too worried about Nicks. He will likely sit a couple games if history tells us anything. That, compounded with 2 other premier wideouts in Cruz and Randle should keep his numbers below a Megatronable salary

My main worry is this happening to Wilson. I think if wilson gets most of the snaps (85% or so), he will have a blockbuster, break-out year.

Therefore, we should most definitely have a healthy 50/50 or 60/40 split going on all year. We don't want Brown or Wilson running for 1,500 yards and 12 TD's. I think the Giants are actually conscious of this stuff to a degree; they must be.
    If you think TC would ever hold a player back or use them less because he is worried about future contacts, then you just haven't been paying attention. TC rides the hot hand, and if somebody is having a monster year, he is going to try and ride him to the SB. The front office isn't going to tell him to use Wilson less because he is doing to well. This doesn't happen, unless a team is doing so bad and they are trying to get the first pick in next years draft, then maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post

Why would Wilson having a big year be worse than Nicks? Wilson can't even think about holding out until after 2014, Nicks contract is up after this year, and more importantly, WRs make way more money than RBs.

Nicks missing 2 games, yet still putting up ~1200 yards and 10+ tds will still likely cost more than what Wilson would get.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Would be a great problem, no doubt. Wilson has a few years to go before we need to worry. I doubt he will hold out even after a huge year.

Banned
    I hope he does, that way we can't resign him. I don't want him resigned after this season. We already have Randle to take over his role in the offense. We need the cap space for JPP.

Closed Thread