Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 79 of 79

Thread: Anyone worry that Nicks...

  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    the 1 issue with this is that ss12 107 reception year, he had nicks across him drawing attention. and something like 40 or 50 maybe even more of his receptions that year came from the slot.

    and d.thomas looks like hes gonna be a great wr, even if he is better, thats still 1 wr outta 1000. i know u used him as an example, and also know u dont rank nicks near top 5 when healthy, so lets just go ahead and u list the wr's better than nicks...clear cut better. id figure u could list maybe 10 wrs before the lst started to look moronic...which makes the "average" term used to describe nicks comical
    nicks was a rookie so he wasnt getting that much attention. as a matter a fact i wouldnt be surprised if manningham got more attention that year. and ive listed countless times who i think are better. I think nicks is a top 10 receiver playing under a really good quarterback.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

    ~Big Mike~


  2. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    This is coming from someone who said a 2 time superbowl champion who has been to the superbowl 3 times, played 10 seasons, has had a consistent career playing at a high level who many regard as a top 5 qb, cant play in our system because its "too complicated". Not to mention he cant read defenses at a high enough level. there have been other comments you've made thats been a little out there as well. That's why i find this remark to be very ironic

    And i get the whole "you're argument makes no sense and im better than you attitude", but the whole "stupidity and lost faith in humanity" comment was a little too much dont you think? I know you want to sound smart, however you're going about it in the wrong manner. Instead, next time try backing your argument up with something called facts. Or evidence. It makes the discussion more constructive and it gives me a reason to reply to you in the future.
    so what your sig really means is, "dont take it personal. my opinion is always right, and ill call that 'debating.'"

    and, Ben prob couldnt run our system, not as well as eli thats for sure, based off of how hes run offenses not near as complex his entire career. ben has size, and can break tackles. eli cant. coaches can recognize this, i know, shocking. whether he can or cant really isnt even the debate, seeing as hes never before. its more along the lines of extending a play, and finding a wr behind the D.
    I mean did u bother to realize that Wallace was a shell of himself bc the OC they couldnt wait to fire predicated the offense on shorter-intermediate stuff based on reading the D (more similar to our O than the O's he's led) and what did Ben do? Complain about the offense and get hurt. And what happened with Wallace, he wasnt near as effective...and Pitt missed the playoffs...

    And its been well documented for some time that Bens strength isnt reading Defenses. In fact, when he does so is when he gets into trouble, which is why defenses want to keep Ben inside the pocket and force him to be a pocket qb snap after snap. the plays he breaks a tackle, escapes outside, are almost always the plays that are the big type plays for Pitt. even in last years offense...

    Now Im sure Drez didnt word it nearly as sophomoric as you did in the first place, something I've noticed is done for effect...but ultimately, for those who understand logical reasoning/debate, it just represents another logical fallacy...and, you've made some "out there" statements yourself, didnt u claim rodgers never misses throws that eli misses or something i remember u PM'd me that or smething lol

  3. #73
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,905
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    so what your sig really means is, "dont take it personal. my opinion is always right, and ill call that 'debating.'"

    and, Ben prob couldnt run our system, not as well as eli thats for sure, based off of how hes run offenses not near as complex his entire career. ben has size, and can break tackles. eli cant. coaches can recognize this, i know, shocking. whether he can or cant really isnt even the debate, seeing as hes never before. its more along the lines of extending a play, and finding a wr behind the D.
    I mean did u bother to realize that Wallace was a shell of himself bc the OC they couldnt wait to fire predicated the offense on shorter-intermediate stuff based on reading the D (more similar to our O than the O's he's led) and what did Ben do? Complain about the offense and get hurt. And what happened with Wallace, he wasnt near as effective...and Pitt missed the playoffs...

    And its been well documented for some time that Bens strength isnt reading Defenses. In fact, when he does so is when he gets into trouble, which is why defenses want to keep Ben inside the pocket and force him to be a pocket qb snap after snap. the plays he breaks a tackle, escapes outside, are almost always the plays that are the big type plays for Pitt. even in last years offense...

    Now Im sure Drez didnt word it nearly as sophomoric as you did in the first place, something I've noticed is done for effect...but ultimately, for those who understand logical reasoning/debate, it just represents another logical fallacy...and, you've made some "out there" statements yourself, didnt u claim rodgers never misses throws that eli misses or something i remember u PM'd me that or smething lol
    No offense, but your posts are unreadable.

  4. #74
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,158
    Quote Originally Posted by AceOspadZ4 View Post
    Will have a huuuge season and demand even more money than he would get right now? Haha obviously i wouldnt be disappointed. Love watchin a healthy Nicks play
    Hell no, that's exactly what we want him to do.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  5. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    so what your sig really means is, "dont take it personal. my opinion is always right, and ill call that 'debating.'"
    Im not sure where you're getting at with this, or how you came to this conclusion. So ill ignore it until you further explain your reasoning behind this comment.

    and, Ben prob couldnt run our system, not as well as eli thats for sure, based off of how hes run offenses not near as complex his entire career. ben has size, and can break tackles. eli cant. coaches can recognize this, i know, shocking. whether he can or cant really isnt even the debate, seeing as hes never before. its more along the lines of extending a play, and finding a wr behind the D.
    I understand that when we think of big ben we think of breaking tackles and extending the play because thats his trade mark. mahammad ali was known for his quick jab, but he had to throw hooks and upper cuts too. Calvin johnson is known for jumping up and catching the football over multiple people. But at the end of the day he has to block, run short to intermediate routes and be a receiver just like everyone else.

    Yes big ben is known for extending the play because hes good at it, but at the end of the day he has to be a QB. that means he has to stand in the pocket and deliver throws into tight areas and read defenses just like everyone else.

    I mean did u bother to realize that Wallace was a shell of himself bc the OC they couldnt wait to fire predicated the offense on shorter-intermediate stuff based on reading the D (more similar to our O than the O's he's led)
    last time i checked our offense needs to dink and dunk more and use more short passes, which is something you agreed and tried to point out before. the big play Offense he led in the past seems more similar to how we run our offense now. We dont use a lot of short passes at all in our offense.

    also, what does wallace not playing good have to do with the fact ben played good? he missed 3 games but had 28 tds to only 6 interceptions, and 3,265 passing yards. and how is a dink and dunk offense complicated? isnt that simplifying things more?


    And its been well documented for some time that Bens strength isnt reading Defenses.
    His strength is extending the play. But because his best attribute is extending the play, it doesnt mean he cant read defenses at a high level. You have to be able to read defenses in order to last as a qb in the nfl. You've made this point about rg3 many times before. I am going to highlight these words and please feel free to quote me on this. In order to be a successful QB in this league, you have to be able to read defenses.

    In fact, when he does so is when he gets into trouble, which is why defenses want to keep Ben inside the pocket and force him to be a pocket qb snap after snap. the plays he breaks a tackle, escapes outside, are almost always the plays that are the big type plays for Pitt. even in last years offense...
    its not just ben. when qbs are able to buy extra time, in general it usually doesnt end well for the defense. It can be any QB.

    Now Im sure Drez didnt word it nearly as sophomoric as you did in the first place, something I've noticed is done for effect...but ultimately, for those who understand logical reasoning/debate, it just represents another logical fallacy...and, you've made some "out there" statements yourself, didnt u claim rodgers never misses throws that eli misses or something i remember u PM'd me that or smething lol
    That wasnt done for effect. I made the point about ben the same way i did in this post back then. And he stood by his argument that ben cant read defenses. I'll say it again. As a QB you have to be able to read defenses or else you wont last long in this league.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 04-02-2013 at 07:42 AM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

    ~Big Mike~


  6. #76
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,584
    As far as money it was posted a month or so ago that they might have in the neighborhood of $60 million next year so signing guys like Nicks, JPP, and Joseph won't be a problem. When healthy he is a force and makes the offense much better. He puts up numbers with the tour WR's too. Is he worth top 5 money? Don't know, he does get dinged up a lot and he is still playing a rookie contract.

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Then why didnt we "ride the hot hand" of Wilson last year?

    In his extremely limited role he managed 5TD's, 5.0 yards per rush, and amassed 400yards. Not even counting his impressive KR stats... The guy was explosive. Yet Bradshaw still got all the carries. why?
    Because TC didn't feel he was ready. He was still learning. It certainly wasn't because they were worried about his next contract being to high. That is for damn sure. What you are suggesting just doesn't happen..

    Maybe if they would've let Carr split snaps with Eli a few years who, we wouldn't be in such cap hell right now! Lmao!
    Last edited by nhpgiantsfan; 04-02-2013 at 07:33 AM.

  8. #78
    Massive posts with massive quotes. Must be an Eli thread. WAIT

  9. #79
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    The only Giants fans that think that Nicks is overrated are Cruz fanboys.
    What's wrong with being a Cruz fanboy?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts