Closed Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz balks at $21 Mil. guaranteed

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    However him turning down 21M guaranteed is not. We need to trade him to get some value now or get nothing when he becomes a UFA
    This is a media report, not quite a fact
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Why would Cruz sign now?? The last paragraph of the article is the main point. That offer is on the table. A good agent would tell his client to wait it out until April 19th. What if another team comes along and says...ok...we will give you more than Wallace? What if a team comes and says we will give you $30 mil gauranteed and give the Giants a 1st round pick? There is no rush for Cruz to sign anything. He will likely wait until close to the deadline and if nothing better comes along....he will probably sign.

whatever just sign cruz
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)

yet another who is bigger than the team

looking forward to his lazy play once he gets paid

Quote Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
    He will likely wait until close to the deadline and if nothing better comes along....he will probably sign.
    This is what I've been thinking, it'll depend on if he's at all happy with the offer, though.

I'm curious as to what Andre Brown is up to; I don't believe he's signed his tender, either. Perhaps he's also waiting for an offer sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
    Why would Cruz sign now?? The last paragraph of the article is the main point. That offer is on the table. A good agent would tell his client to wait it out until April 19th. What if another team comes along and says...ok...we will give you more than Wallace? What if a team comes and says we will give you $30 mil gauranteed and give the Giants a 1st round pick? There is no rush for Cruz to sign anything. He will likely wait until close to the deadline and if nothing better comes along....he will probably sign.
    +1 We fans are always in a rush. I don't think any team is going to make Cruz an offer because of the 1st round pick. But to simply assume that, as his agent, is to do a disservice to your client.

When the first report came out about $7M for 3 years I said then that's not long term enough. If I were Cruz/Condon I'd want a 4 - 6 year deal but would have to have a strategy to get that long term a deal. I might counter the original offer with a higher guarantee request to get the contract extended out. We are getting other peoples' thoughts on what's going on behind closed doors.

Condon negotiated Eli's contracts and if you don't think these same issues were negotiated back and forth over a period of time you would be wrong.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    This is what I've been thinking, it'll depend on if he's at all happy with the offer, though.

I'm curious as to what Andre Brown is up to; I don't believe he's signed his tender, either. Perhaps he's also waiting for an offer sheet?
    The same logic applies to Brown. Why sign before the 19th? What's the incentive?

# 80

of course im a Giants fan and want Cruz on the team but how can someone in their right mind turn down that much money guaranteed?

hopefully the Giants and Cruz can come to a happy medium but if hes set on the additional 6 mil im with the Giants in denying it!

this guy is trying to break the bank already.

being greedy has its consequences!

Quote Originally Posted by bansaw View Post
    yet another who is bigger than the team

looking forward to his lazy play once he gets paid
    STOP lol

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by embeshAtYa View Post
    This crap with the 49ers... Make me want to stick my foot in Cruz *** and send him. Also make me want to Hope to the football gods that we can have a good defense
    IT WAS A JOKE

# 80

Closed Thread