+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Could this be why Cruz is not signed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    If Cruz was going to have Jay-Z be his agent, he would of done so last month when he fired his agent and hired Tom Condon
    Well, I'd imagine he signed CAA. As such, do you need to sign with individual agents within the agency or can you use whichever agent(s) within at will?

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Well, I'd imagine he signed CAA. As such, do you need to sign with individual agents within the agency or can you use whichever agent(s) within at will?
    I believe Cond on reeled him into CAA so he will handle the negotiations on behalf of CAA.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I believe Cond on reeled him into CAA so he will handle the negotiations on behalf of CAA.
    Right. Granted, I didn't read the article, but I've gathered that Jay-Z is now an agent and in the employ of CAA, no? If that were the case and Cruz wanted to have Jay-Z represent him, could he do that without needing to officially change agents because both Condon and Jay-Z are employed by the same agency?

By the way, Tom Condon happens to be the agent for Tony Romo also who just got a 108 million 6-year contract with 55 million guaranteed. Good or bad for the Giants? I mean, if this guy could get Tony Romo that much money with a single playoff win, how much can he get from the Giants for Cruz?

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Right. Granted, I didn't read the article, but I've gathered that Jay-Z is now an agent and in the employ of CAA, no? If that were the case and Cruz wanted to have Jay-Z represent him, could he do that without needing to officially change agents because both Condon and Jay-Z are employed by the same agency?
    I think Jay-Z is the "face" of Roc Nation Sports whch is affiliated with powerhouse CAA. It has nothing to do with Cruz other than the CAA connection.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    By the way, Tom Condon happens to be the agent for Tony Romo also who just got a 108 million 6-year contract with 55 million guaranteed. Good or bad for the Giants? I mean, if this guy could get Tony Romo that much money with a single playoff win, how much can he get from the Giants for Cruz?
    It's good news according to John Mara and Steve Tisch. Condon works well with the Giants. He's not a pawn for them, but neither is he unreasonable, unprofessional, or stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    Condon is also Eli's agent, so it could benefit the Giants. What it all comes down to is whether or no Cruz will be reasonable with his demands, if he accepts the Giants offer (which IMO is more than fair) he will be here for a long time. If he wants the mega bucks he will have to risk injury this year and play under his tender, then sign with a franchise like the Raiders next year

My opinion is that he isn't signed because there are disagreements about the contract. I know, I know, far fetched but......

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    My opinion is that he isn't signed because there are disagreements about the contract. I know, I know, far fetched but......
    Pffftttttt where's is the drama in that???

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Pffftttttt where's is the drama in that???
    I know, I know, crazy! Stop laughing at me.....

+ Reply to Thread