+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Could this be why Cruz is not signed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I know, I know, crazy! Stop laughing at me.....
    It's not that simple, good laughs are hard to come by here
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I t hoguht Cruz already had Jay Z handling his commercial stuff?

don't expect cruz to sign a long term deal with the giants until after April 19th at minimum. After this date, no other teams can give cruz an offer sheet since the draft is a week away. so he would be shooting himself in the leg if he signed with the gmen before then. even then, the negotiations will likely continue through the offseason and potentially into the season. hopefully, we can lock him up before he becomes an UFA after the 2013 season.

Banned
    If NY Giants actually offerred Victor Cruz 21 million guaranteed as I read in another thread, he would be foolish not to accept that. He is an excellent slot receiver but it looks like he as well as other folks may be overvalueing what he is. Victor should take the money now while he still can and if not, we should try to get all we can for him right now as oppossed to getting nothing for him next year.

Cruz isn't signed yet because the Giants cap room is ****. Cruz deserves to be PAID. He was one of the main reasons we won the super bowl in 2011 and without him last year we might have won 3 games. He is an All-Pro talent and much more than a slot receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Cruz isn't signed yet because the Giants cap room is ****. Cruz deserves to be PAID. He was one of the main reasons we won the super bowl in 2011 and without him last year we might have won 3 games. He is an All-Pro talent and much more than a slot receiver.
    I'm okay with him getting paid... BUT and this is a big BUT he doesnt not warrant number 1 wide receiver money. If we give him a contract like what is being SPECULATED he wants (Dwayne Bowe) money, then IF and notice i said IF Hakeem Nicks stays healthy we are going to be in a lot of trouble b/c Nicks will want more.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I think Jay-Z is the "face" of Roc Nation Sports whch is affiliated with powerhouse CAA. It has nothing to do with Cruz other than the CAA connection.
    Jay-Z is Robinson Cano's direct agent. Apparently, he has a license to deal in the MLB. I'm not sure if he has a license in order to be an agent in the NFL.

I'm sure Jay-Z wants to bag Cruz, like opening post said it would be THE biggest fish in FA imo...

+ Reply to Thread