+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Baas's contract to Stephen Tulloch

I think Tulloch would make an immediate impact on this defense at MLB. I mean look what he did for detroit this season. We could move Goff to SLB if necessary. (if we resign him)

I don't see any reason to be paying Baas 27 million for an under performing center. Let's cut our losses after this season and use the money where it is needed, to bring in an impact LB.

Re: Give Baas's contract to Stephen Tulloch

[quote user="Warchild"]I think Tulloch would make an immediate impact on this defense at MLB. I mean look what he did for detroit this season. We could move Goff to SLB if necessary. (if we resign him)

I don't see any reason to be paying Baas 27 million for an under performing center. Let's cut our losses after this season and use the money where it is needed, to bring in an impact LB.[/quote]
    I'm with you 100%. Not only do you get rid of a negative but you upgrade the most needed areas on your team.

[quote user="bearbryant"][quote user="Warchild"]I think Tulloch would make an immediate impact on this defense at MLB. I mean look what he did for detroit this season. We could move Goff to SLB if necessary. (if we resign him)

I don't see any reason to be paying Baas 27 million for an under performing center. Let's cut our losses after this season and use the money where it is needed, to bring in an impact LB.[/quote]
    I'm with you 100%. Not only do you get rid of a negative but you upgrade the most needed areas on your team.[/quote]

I agree and disagree, correct me if I'm wrong (I'm wrong a lot) but isn't Baas a natural guard not center? Also, this is his first year in this new system. Our Oline was shuffled all season; we cut two veterans who made our line over the last few years all pro caliber (as a unit). In my humble opinion it takes time for these things to shake out and gel as a unit once again. Beatty is new, Baas is new; Diehl at Guard (this year) is new. Yes I know Diehl is a natural guard not a tackle. Baas getting injured (not that anoyne is talking about injuries here) is not injury prone imo. Guys get banged up and they need to sit, it happens, it sucks. Nicks is not injury prone either, and neither is Tuck in my opinion. Injury prone guys are like Shawn Andrews, one good year then nothing due to injuries.

Anyways, maybe Baas is over paid, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this season. Maybe we take a center with our #1 pick in the draft if one is available and move Baas to guard?

Trust me I want a stud LB just like everyone else. It isnít going to happen. Management values our D line more than our LBs. I would put money on either another DE, CB, or an O lineman with our #1 and #2 picks in the draft.

Carnage,

Baas played center for the 49ers last year before being signed away by us. I think that he was probably overrated because he was playing next to all pro offensive linemen. Mike Upati, Joe Staley etc.

I think Kevin Boothe has shown he can handle the center position effectively and we can move on from Baas without worry of the line playing well.

[quote user="Warchild"]Carnage,

Baas played center for the 49ers last year before being signed away by us. I think that he was probably overrated because he was playing next to all pro offensive linemen. Mike Upati, Joe Staley etc.

I think Kevin Boothe has shown he can handle the center position effectively and we can move on from Baas without worry of the line playing well.[/quote]
    Boothe is very erratic with his shotgun snaps

We are paying Baas 27 million? Um Get rid of him please. that money could be spent in better places

Bench Player

Yeah cutting bass, and giving giving the contract to tulloch, and then subbing back in petrus and boothe on the line and drafting zach brown or one of the other great lbs in the first would help this team soooo much. I really do hope they find a way to fix our problems this offseason. I've seen a lot of really good suggestions on the board. Mabye reese should get on here and read up a bit !

I'd do that, I'd sign Tulloch in a heart beat

one of jr's biggest flops
    FUTURE NFL STAR

I with Baas, OSI and Manningham we should free up some cap space