+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Giants biggest draft choice busts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Thomas Lewis takes the cake for me tho, mostly because he stunk but also because we likely could have picked him WAY later in the draft. . I remember watching the draft. ESPN didnt have any footage of Lewis' when we selected and they didnt find any until several rounds later.

But the 90's was a you pick em of bad selections.

Jarrod Bunch
    Dayne(2000)
    Lewis
    Derek and Dave Brown
    Weatley
    Petigout

Hampton was really it for 1st rounders for the 90's and maybe HIliard
    I forget about Thomas Lewis all the time..lol That tells ya what kinda bust he was..lol Ya, the 90's were rough on draft picks for us, and that is why we went from 1991 to 1999 without any real threat to the SB... A couple playoff berths, but nothing to right home about...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Thomas Lewis takes the cake for me tho, mostly because he stunk but also because we likely could have picked him WAY later in the draft. . I remember watching the draft. ESPN didnt have any footage of Lewis' when we selected and they didnt find any until several rounds later.

But the 90's was a you pick em of bad selections.

Jarrod Bunch
    Dayne(2000)
    Lewis
    Derek and Dave Brown
    Weatley
    Petigout

Hampton was really it for 1st rounders for the 90's and maybe HIliard
    Pettigout certainly did not live up to his draft status, but ended up being a starting OT, so it's hard to label him a "bust" . . . . I would say that he was more of a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Pettigout certainly did not live up to his draft status, but ended up being a starting OT, so it's hard to label him a "bust" . . . . I would say that he was more of a disappointment.
    true, my point is just that we were pretty bad 1st round drafting team for the better part of a decade. In fact, I think you could argue we were the worst 1st round drafting team during the 90's. Petigout was not our worst selection, but he contributed to the stink a little.

+ Reply to Thread