+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    What's wrong with him making that kind of money in the NFL? What makes him, in your opinion, a "prima donna"?
    Prima Donna might be the wrong word, and I'm not saying that he's not entitled to negotiate, however let's take into account that the Giants were the ones that gave him a chance, and has had Eli throwing to him. I also don't think he had all that good of a year last year, he seemed to have a lot of drops, and wasn't all that effective when Nicks was out - maybe it was a sophomore slump?

Quote Originally Posted by GiantGremlin View Post
    Prima Donna might be the wrong word, and I'm not saying that he's not entitled to negotiate, however let's take into account that the Giants were the ones that gave him a chance, and has had Eli throwing to him. I also don't think he had all that good of a year last year, he seemed to have a lot of drops, and wasn't all that effective when Nicks was out - maybe it was a sophomore slump?
    The Giants didn't create his talent. He was given an opportunity and has produced. He has been Eli's most productive receiver for the last two years. I don't know what that's worth and I'm happy to let the negotiations play out.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Banned
    I hope we do sign but not overpay him. Victor is worth Wes Welker type of money, not Megatron money.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I hope we do sign but not overpay him. Victor is worth Wes Welker type of money, not Megatron money.
    The team seems to have made an initial offer in the $7M range. We'll see how things go but I would be very surprised if Condon would consider accepting any offer before the deadline on 4/19
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

This thread's title is fitting. Especially right near the Cruz is looking for Dwayne Bowe money thread.

I hope Cruz settles into the 7-8 million dollar range, gets a nice signing bonus, and some kick-*** endorsements.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    This thread's title is fitting. Especially right near the Cruz is looking for Dwayne Bowe money thread.

I hope Cruz settles into the 7-8 million dollar range, gets a nice signing bonus, and some kick-*** endorsements.
    What is really amazing is had some just read the Daily News article and not relied on the ever screwed up Bleacher Report regurgitation of the Daily News piece, we would have had a better handle on exactly what was being said. Tom Condon is not the agent referred to as Cruz's 'former agent" which would have negated those chastising Cruz for changing agents "again."

# 80

The team seems to have made an initial offer in the $7M range. We'll see how things go but I would be very surprised if Condon would consider accepting any offer before the deadline on 4/19
    So we'll agree now, that Bob Papa, actually did have good information when he reported that yesterday??

Let me ask you this. Why should he sign the offered contract? Who does that in real life? Do you think Eli just said "OH, OK, I'll take it" when he got his first offer?
    I think the Giants high point is 5 years 40 million. I think that is a fair amount for both sides. Im sure the Giants want 3 years so they can reevaluate when Randle becomes a FA

Cruz has to factor in the money he loses if he plays on this tender. If the Giants go 8 a year thats 5 he loses in the first year,

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I think the Giants high point is 5 years 40 million. I think that is a fair amount for both sides. Im sure the Giants want 3 years so they can reevaluate when Randle becomes a FA
    I love Cruz bu that's WAY too high.
    Thats a bad deal for the team.
    Get well soon 80.