+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Really . . . the Cowboys don't have 10 cents left under the cap, much less $10M. Maybe he thinks that he will steer Cruz away from the Giants just to hurt a division foe. Seems implausible.
    It's really best for us to just wait and see what actually happens.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by DVision View Post
    "Cruz, with his former agent, was believed to be seeking much more, however. Several NFL sources said his asking price was closer to $10 million-$11 million per year, which is about the going rate for a No. 1 receiver in the NFL. "

He fired his former agent for a reason. The article is just another speculative fluff piece.
    This again is all speculations ,

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ar-from-giants

Roc Nation would have to bridge a sizeable gap, as Cruz expects a much bigger payday. The Daily News reported that Cruz's last request under agent Tom Condon was closer to the $10 million to $11 million range per year.

This one says under Tom Condon. That been said we all take it with a grain of salt when all said are rumors but as we all have seen in past years some rumors are in some part true.
    In the end everything will come down to April 19th, till then let the fun continue.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by DVision View Post
    "Cowboys, that's my pop's team — what I'mma do? The Cowboys and the Jets in the Super Bowl. I'm gonna put that out there," he said.

Those are Jay-Z's words, not mine! You think he's never been to Metlife?

It's not
    Then there is still hope lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I don't agree at all. He's the source for the media on this one.
    So do you believe the Giants made him the offer of 7 million per with 21 guaranteed or not. Your saying in other posts that it "seems they made" that offer. So what is it? Good info or bad??

Surely you have to believe that these media sources aren't just making everything up. I understand you are trying to give Cruz every benefit of the doubt, but all signs lead us to believe that he really making this hard on the team.

I think you are the most loyal fan on this board. But I think your loyalty is blinding you from reality just a little bit in this case.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    This again is all speculations ,

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ar-from-giants

Roc Nation would have to bridge a sizeable gap, as Cruz expects a much bigger payday. The Daily News reported that Cruz's last request under agent Tom Condon was closer to the $10 million to $11 million range per year.

This one says under Tom Condon. That been said we all take it with a grain of salt when all said are rumors but as we all have seen in past years some rumors are in some part true.
    In the end everything will come down to April 19th, till then let the fun continue.
    Actually that quote I posted was from the Daily News piece which says the last request under his "former" agent, which would be Malik Shareef who Cruz fired. Condon is his current agent. It is really just piss poor reporting by all the media outlets with their conflicting reports.

Those are probably his words on a certain day. Like I said, he has said it out his own mouth. He has been to more than one Cowboys game. And he was seen getting off a plane with a Cowboy hat on, you shouldve posted those pics. He is just another one that say whatever is convenient at the time.

Jay being a Cowboys fan is relevant because I find it funny that he is jocking a Giants player.
    Last edited by Napstew; 04-04-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    So do you believe the Giants made him the offer of 7 million per with 21 guaranteed or not. Your saying in other posts that it "seems they made" that offer. So what is it? Good info or bad??

Surely you have to believe that these media sources aren't just making everything up. I understand you are trying to give Cruz every benefit of the doubt, but all signs lead us to believe that he really making this hard on the team.

I think you are the most loyal fan on this board. But I think your loyalty is blinding you from reality just a little bit in this case.
    I know the Giants offered him $7M because Steve Tisch as much as said that when he said the offer was more than Welker and Amendola. I have no idea what the guarantee amount is and neither does anyone else outside the CAA and Giants organizations. We have no factual information on what Tom Condon has offered as a counter-offer if he's even gotten that far yet.

Players come and go so I prefer to put the team above them in terms of my loyalty. In Cruz's case, I see a guy who is simply trying to get the best deal he can in a relatively short lived, violent sport.

I think Reese and Condon will get a deal done that everyone can live with and they will do it without any input for us. I rarely rely a press report that doesn't contain either a quote from a credible, named source or at least attributing the information to a named source.

Cruz signs or doesn't. This team will muddle through either way. But to assassinate his character and his motives as we are doing here based on nothing more than media hype is unfair. That's how I feel about it.

Oh ! That been said that quote in the article IMO is misleading. It says under Tom Condon.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I love Cruz bu that's WAY too high.
    Thats a bad deal for the team.
    $8m/yr is about the high water mark for the team for Cruz, I'd wager.

Veteran

You think Mara and Condon invite these guys to sit in on negotiations?