+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 176

Thread: Giants' Victor Cruz says "Believe None Of What You Hear And Half Of What You See"

  1. #161
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    $8m/yr is about the high water mark for the team for Cruz, I'd wager.
    That's about right IMO and that's tops.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

  2. #162
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Napstew View Post
    You need to get your facts straight, slim. Jay z is a Cowboys fan. He came out his mouth and said it. He was at the Cowboys game/ stadium hanging out with Jerry Jones (there was video of this).

    Jay is a businessman hoping on Cruz bandwagon because he is hot right now.
    So's Cruz? What's your point?

  3. #163
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,321
    Quote Originally Posted by DVision View Post
    Actually that quote I posted was from the Daily News piece which says the last request under his "former" agent, which would be Malik Shareef who Cruz fired. Condon is his current agent. It is really just piss poor reporting by all the media outlets with their conflicting reports.
    And Bleacher Report ****ed it up even more by misrepresenting the Daily News article in their regurgitation by suggesting it was Condon who demanded $10+M
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  4. #164
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,321
    Quote Originally Posted by DVision View Post
    You think Mara and Condon invite these guys to sit in on negotiations?
    It's often easier to believe what we read than apply some research or logic.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  5. #165
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Napstew View Post
    Those are probably his words on a certain day. Like I said, he has said it out his own mouth. He has been to more than one Cowboys game. And he was seen getting off a plane with a Cowboy hat on, you shouldve posted those pics. He is just another one that say whatever is convenient at the time.

    Jay being a Cowboys fan is relevant because I find it funny that he is jocking a Giants player.
    You find those pics. Why do I have to prove your point for you? It's easy to google Jay and see him fully decked in Jets gear or see that he 's a Giants fan. His father was a die hard Cowboys fan and hence his like for the team. He goes to Jets games also and appears on the sideline and talks to Woody. So what?

    And Jay is NOT Cruz's agent so I find it funny that you think he's personally "jocking" a Giants player.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by DVision View Post
    You think Mara and Condon invite these guys to sit in on negotiations?
    No I don't, obviously. However, when a guy like Bob Papa, reports on the Giants, I tend to believe it seeing as how he works for the team, on Giants.com, and as the voice of the Giants on their radio broadcast. Common sense says he is not going to report anything that isn't true, and that he would only report something that came from a very credible source. Don't confuse Papa with the rest of the hacks out there. He is a Giants employee, first and foremost!!

  7. #167
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,321
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    No I don't, obviously. However, when a guy like Bob Papa, reports on the Giants, I tend to believe it seeing as how he works for the team, on Giants.com, and as the voice of the Giants on their radio broadcast. Common sense says he is not going to report anything that isn't true, and that he would only report something that came from a very credible source. Don't confuse Papa with the rest of the hacks out there. He is a Giants employee, first and foremost!!
    Media heads are media heads. They all want to have the scoop.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  8. #168
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    No I don't, obviously. However, when a guy like Bob Papa, reports on the Giants, I tend to believe it seeing as how he works for the team, on Giants.com, and as the voice of the Giants on their radio broadcast. Common sense says he is not going to report anything that isn't true, and that he would only report something that came from a very credible source. Don't confuse Papa with the rest of the hacks out there. He is a Giants employee, first and foremost!!
    I like Papa, but don't you get the fact that whatever we hear about negotiations is MEANT to be heard for a reason, hence the reason Cruz says "Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see!"

  9. #169
    Agent or not, he is a part of the business deal. Jay is jocking a Giants player...and yeah, it's funny to me. Don't know why you're emotional about it.

    I don't need to find the pictures because i've already seen them, all of them...lol. I said find them the same way you found a quote like it takes away from his Cowboy stanning. Yeah, Jay has been to JET games...when the Cowboys played. Been to other Jets games...but supports the Cowboys the most. I don't know why you are in denial and again, getting emotional about this. It is what it is.

  10. #170
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Napstew View Post
    Agent or not, he is a part of the business deal. Jay is jocking a Giants player...and yeah, it's funny to me. Don't know why you're emotional about it.

    I don't need to find the pictures because i've already seen them, all of them. Yeah, Jay has been to JET games...when the Cowboys played. Been to other Jets games...but supports the Cowboys the most. I don't know why you are in denial and again, getting emotional about this. It is what it is.
    Why does it matter that one of Cruz' business partners happens to be a fan of "rival" teams? Jay-Z, if anything, is going to be handling Cruz' non-football interests, while Condon handles his football contracts. Even if it weren't the case, I fail to see why it is of any significance whatsoever. Business is business, both on the field and off.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts