+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Let me ask you this. Why should he sign the offered contract? Who does that in real life? Do you think Eli just said "OH, OK, I'll take it" when he got his first offer?
    well i think thats unfair

I don't think this is the first contract hes been offered and the bar has been set for players similiar to him
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    well i think thats unfair

I don't think this is the first contract hes been offered and the bar has been set for players similiar to him
    We know for sure from John Mara that Cruz was made an offer. We know from Steve Tisch that it was more than either Welker or Amendola. We GUESS that means $7M per year. Everything else we've heard is speculation at best. If the bar you refer to is $6M, we're already beyond that.

Since Condon was hired as Cruz's agent, reportedly because Victor wanted someone who cold work better with the Giants, I would venture a guess that there has at least been one counter-proposal made by Codon and maybe there have been several counters beyond that. We simply don't know. It's every player's right to negotiate the best deal he can get.

I'm not sure what you mean by unfair, but this really seems to be a typical negotiation in progress.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

According to kffl.com Cruz switched agents so that he could eventually be with JayZs new agency.

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    According to kffl.com Cruz switched agents so that he could eventually be with JayZs new agency.
    He would have known that before we did. He made the right move in hiring Condon.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

He would have known that before we did. He made the right move in hiring Condon.
    This. I doubt that Cruz would put the future of his family on the line just to pair up with a friend.

No matter how awesome Jay-Z is at everything he does...

We know for sure from John Mara that Cruz was made an offer. We know from Steve Tisch that it was more than either Welker or Amendola. We GUESS that means $7M per year. Everything else we've heard is speculation at best. If the bar you refer to is $6M, we're already beyond that.

Since Condon was hired as Cruz's agent, reportedly because Victor wanted someone who cold work better with the Giants, I would venture a guess that there has at least been one counter-proposal made by Codon and maybe there have been several counters beyond that. We simply don't know. It's every player's right to negotiate the best deal he can get.

I'm not sure what you mean by unfair, but this really seems to be a typical negotiation in progress.
    I honestly don't think Bob Papa was just pulling numbers out of his ***. I would bet he gets his info from a pretty reliable source within the organization. Any other reporter, I would take it with a grain of salt. But he has too much at stake to be starting rumors based on his own "speculation". I wouldn't be surprised if the team purposely gave him the info as a negotiating tactic, to show the fans how much they are willing to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    This. I doubt that Cruz would put the future of his family on the line just to pair up with a friend.

No matter how awesome Jay-Z is at everything he does...
    +1 Jay-Z wants to make a name in the sports and entertainment representation indistry. No better way to do that than affiliate yourself with one of the elite firms in the business.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I honestly don't think Bob Papa was just pulling numbers out of his ***. I would bet he gets his info from a pretty reliable source within the organization. Any other reporter, I would take it with a grain of salt. But he has too much at stake to be starting rumors based on his own "speculation". I wouldn't be surprised if the team purposely gave him the info as a negotiating tactic, to show the fans how much they are willing to spend.
    Anything is possible, but they have had no problem having John Mara and Steve Tisch making public statements. What does Papa have at stake? He's a media head, he doesn't ever have to be right.

# 80

Anything is possible, but they have had no problem having John Mara and Steve Tisch making public statements. What does Papa have at stake? He's a media head, he doesn't ever have to be right.
    The fact that the Giants pay his salary is what he has at stake. He is pretty much the voice of the team. It wouldn't be smart for him to make public statements that would upset his bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    The fact that the Giants pay his salary is what he has at stake. He is pretty much the voice of the team. It wouldn't be smart for him to make public statements that would upset his bosses.
    Bob wears many hats with separate paychecks. I didn't hear the interview, but I'm pretty sure he did not say he was representing the team.

# 80