+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Andre Brown Vs Carolina

Man our backfield is going to be awesome next year. I cannot wait.

Andre the Giant

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

It'll be interesting to see who #3 is going to be. Gotta love Hynoski too.

How long before he gets hurt though? Sorry to be a downer, but every year he has had a significant injury, freak or not.

Achilies, Toe, Leg, Concussion,
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

Look at the movement Beatty gets in the run game. What a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    How long before he gets hurt though? Sorry to be a downer, but every year he has had a significant injury, freak or not.

Achilies, Toe, Leg, Concussion,
    unrelated injuries dont bother me. Repeat injuries to the same area or a lack of willingness to play through pain bother me. Havent seen that from Brown at all.

i love his run style. on plays between the tackles, dives and such, i love how he does a lil hop and cut after he gets the ball approaching the OL. On perimeter plays, stretches etc, he shows vision and a patient quickness getting to the edge.

i said all year and been saying and oddly some take offense to it, but i love this dudes run style. He presses the hole with that little hop, and then he explodes thru any crevice or crack if need be and exploits the holes when they are there. also, he is a 3 gap cutback runner meaning he can attack 3 different gaps to teach side of the C with that lil hop and cut style...the ONLY thing I dislike about him is we have Wilson. I think Brown is going to be a phenom #2 rb and could prob start for a lot of teams when healthy. he has some hidden deceptive breakaway speed and some serious power to go along with a shifty style of running. Injuries too, thats another thing I dislike but thats not really of his volition

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Look at the movement Beatty gets in the run game. What a beast.
    it wasnt too long ago it felt like i was in the minority for keeping the belief in beatty alive...

Also Brown has seemingly become faster every season since he tore his achilles. He was a sub 4.4 guy at the combine when he ran. He did not seem quite that fast last season, perhaps he continues to heal from that achilles?

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    it wasnt too long ago it felt like i was in the minority for keeping the belief in beatty alive...
    Was only an offseason ago this board was littered with threads about how Diehl is a better LT, how Diehl is a much better run blocker and his pass blocking is about the same. Also Diehl is a better LT because the giants won 2 SBs with him.

How things change.