+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    Could be true, could not. I think its time to pull the trigger on a LB in the first 2 rounds, but of course Im not Reese. I really dont think this has too much effect on the position we draft round 1. Connor is certainly not a young stud and just because they brought Konz in does not mean they will sign him. Even if they did, they have to see how bad we lack in this department.
    It's not just Connor and possibly Konz, we also tried out Rey Maluaga (or however you spell his name)

Meanwhile we haven't made a single move to help the OL, that leads me to think they're saving that for the draft. Or I could be entirely wrong lol

Knoz is more of a sub package pass rusher than a true LB. which is also a need for the giants. They need to have 90 guys for camp anyway. So they have to sign a lot of unknown guys and see how they do

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post

Do you actually think we'll go LB in the first round? I wish I could make a virtual bet with you on that
    The odds are in you favor since we need help all over the place. Reese has not been drafting long enough to say he places no importance on LB. He's drafted all over in round 1 (CB, DE, WR, RB, S). Maybe this year he goes LBer. I know a lot of hopeful fans that wish he would
    Last edited by TAILGATIN'; 04-02-2013 at 09:22 PM.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

I'm confused to why in a half way decent DT & LB draft we keep bringing in guys at these positions & meanwhile we haven't had one RT in yet

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    I'm confused to why in a half way decent DT & LB draft we keep bringing in guys at these positions & meanwhile we haven't had one RT in yet
    Which leads me to think they're saving that for the draft

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Which leads me to think they're saving that for the draft
    Just think it'd be a shame to not draft a LB for obvious reasons...and this draft, you can find CB/DT that'd usually be 2nd round guys in the 3rd/4th

more people we bring in makes camp competitive and imo gives us a better overall team with quality depth

Konz just doesn't do anything for me....

Veteran
    Teams will run right through us, this defense will be exhausted by the 2nd quarter lol

I'm not sure what the plan is for the draft; but I'd be surprised if it included OL or MLB in the first two rounds, or even the third. I think that JR really does think that bargain basement MLB and OL are the adequate. You can't argue with the results of the last five years, but it sure seems like a hard way to get there.