+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    Not sure if this is sarcasm, but do you think signing Konz means we're good at LBer.. crazy if you do. I joined the site a few years back only because I wanted to talk draft. The only time Im on this site is draft season. Can you explain what you mean instead of just a silly question w a funny face? Im going to need some insight. Thanks.
    Ok my truculent little friend, I will explain.

Being a follower of the Giants drafts the last few years, you should have noticed that the only LBer we've picked above the 4th round was Clint Sintim in a year we had two second round picks (2009). He managed to play on and off for two seasons before entirely breaking down and hasn't seen the football field since 2010.

Now our man Reese tends to have a long memory and since then has taken the approach with respect to our LBing corps of throwing tons of able (but low draft priority and/or low end FA signings) bodies at the position and seeing what sticks. These include Herzlich, Greg Jones, Paysinger, Blackburn, JWill and most recently, Dan Connor.

LBer is the least prioritized position on the defense. As such, I don't anticipate the Giants picking one in the first round, especially when there is DL need as well (which is a priority for the Giants).

And I don't see a LBer in the first round that merits a change from that position with the possible exception of Arthur Brown which would be a total reach.

To whit ... Jameson Konz is exactly the type of low-key FA signing that Reese is known for and is not afraid to go into a new season with.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 04-03-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post

Being a follower of the Giants drafts the last few years, you should have noticed that the only LBer we've picked above the 4th round was Clint Sintim.
    Truculent? Nice touch. Pot callin kettle black? How so if i just simply asked what u were implying and was very nice about it? I'm aware how JR drafts, just hopeful that he will someday realize our D could be much better w a solid LBer. Maybe he makes the move this year. I'm not alone on that thought. Have a good one wise@ss
    Last edited by TAILGATIN'; 04-03-2013 at 03:45 PM.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Truculent? Nice touch. Pot callin kettle black? How so if i just simply asked what u were implying and was very nice about it? I'm aware how JR drafts, just hopeful that he will someday realize our D could be much better w a solid LBer. Maybe he makes the move this year. I'm not alone on that thought. Have a good one wise@ss
    Ahhh hope springs eternal my pugnacious supercilious bon ami!

I, too will join with you in that hope but until such a time as the clouds part and the heavens sing, I am consigned to my lot in life as the fan of a team that doesn't cast a favorable countenance upon yon LBing corps.

Adieu!

Being a follower of the Giants drafts the last few years, you should have noticed that the only LBer we've picked above the 4th round was Clint Sintim in a year we had two second round picks (2009). He managed to play on and off for two seasons before entirely breaking down and hasn't seen the football field since 2010.

Now our man Reese tends to have a long memory and since then has taken the approach with respect to our LBing corps of throwing tons of able (but low draft priority and/or low end FA signings) bodies at the position and seeing what sticks. These include Herzlich, Greg Jones, Paysinger, Blackburn, JWill and most recently, Dan Connor.

LBer is the least prioritized position on the defense. As such, I don't anticipate the Giants picking one in the first round, especially when there is DL need as well (which is a priority for the Giants).

And I don't see a LBer in the first round that merits a change from that position with the possible exception of Arthur Brown which would be a total reach.

To whit ... Jameson Konz is exactly the type of low-key FA signing that Reese is known for and is not afraid to go into a new season with.
    Couldn't have summed it up better myself. That's basically what I was trying to say.

It's not that we don't need a dominant LB....heck, I'm not even saying I wouldn't have wanted one. But I'm just simply stating what's been happening over the past 5 or so years with regards to the draft. Over the course of these 5 years many fans have been upset over our draft picks, many of them wanting LB (including myself for some of those years).

We have won 2 SB's in those 5 years with not-so-dominant LB's, so although I still like guys like Ogletree, I understand that Reese is doing what he has always done by bringing in FA's like Boley, Bulluck, Rivers, Connor, possibly Konz...etc

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post

Looks like we're doing the same old LB routine. People should stop thinking about Ogletree and Brown and accept the reality of this organization.
    This would be a vintage Reese move.

I'm suprised he's not working out Meadowlands parking lot attendants.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Ahhh hope springs eternal my pugnacious supercilious bon ami!

Adieu!
    See, this is why the internet scares some people. You never know what kind if whacked out weirdo on a forum you're dealing with!

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Giants are looking at options. as the giants video on our homepage said, scouts aren't even back from pro days. what's his name smelk?

anyway, I'm digging this giants kicking tires before pulling the trigger. This is what makes us fans and as a team a class act
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

See, this is why the internet scares some people. You never know what kind if whacked out weirdo on a forum you're dealing with!
    Ah don't be rough on yourself ... I never considered you to be "whacked" out (although you might want to consider switching to decaf).

Ah don't be rough on yourself ... I never considered you to be "whacked" out (although you might want to consider switching to decaf).

I hereby surrender and officially comply to your code of defeat. You are a noble opponent.

- Homer J. Simpson

I hereby surrender and officially comply to your code of defeat. You are a noble opponent.
    You are wise beyond your years.